Participate in the June 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    dividedsky
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

This is my submission of Harmonizing Chords: Mini Lesson 007. It was hard to decided which of the lessons to record — they were all great and there have been so many fun submissions to watch!

Jane

uku_on
    Participant

I am a premium member. Super late entry. I remember seeing the first month posted in April I honestly thought it was a Joke. oops. I need to check back to this site more often. Anyway here’s my entry

Andrew
    Keymaster

@gracme2 – Great playing Carmen! I have a few tips for you.

First, try to keep the rhythm as steady 8ths in bar 5 and 6. Second, during the walk down in bar 11 to 12, try to keep finger pressure held down so the melody note sustains instead of lifting pressure off which makes it sound staccato-y. Here’s a sound sample of staccato vs sustained:

Third, check out this lesson for help with playing the triplet strum. Matt teaches a few ways to do it. Try them all and stick with the one you like the most 🙂

@patdrehu
    – Great playing, Patrice! Double check bar 4, I’m hearing it cut short a few notes. Playing wise, I’d target the transitions where you pause a little bit. See if you can get those smoother so we keep the tempo steady.

I’d also like to hear more emphasis on the dynamic changes. So softer fingerpicking, louder strumming, and more a more dynamic cresc./decresc. at the end.

@ukulelee
    – Wow, this is my fav performance from you to date Leone. You aced it! Phenomenal playing! And we can call the last chord a jazz hit lol! 🙂

@dividedsky
    – Bravo Jane! Beautiful duet! Great playing and perfect timing 👏

And TY for the kind words. I’ve really enjoyed writing these mini lessons this year 🙂

@uku_on
    – I always fear someone will think the April challenge is an April fools joke! I hate that happened with you, Caleb. But I promise, we wouldn’t joke about giveaways. Only silly things like this video 😂

Your performance was awesome! Excellent strumming technique. And the feel of the piece was spot on. Well done!

brightwing
    Participant

Hello RC101,

This is my attempt at the Feel Good Strum / Classic Rock Strumming Riff M010.

Sound Cloud – Classic Rock Strumming Riff

As always, thanks! You guys are fantastic!

lynnsheila

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello fellow ukulele players! This is my first post. I’m excited to be a member of this community and hope to advance beyond the beginner stage in the future. My playing of this etude isn’t perfect, but hey, there’s room for improvement right?

Sheila

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@Andrew :

But I promise, we wouldn’t joke about giveaways. Only silly things like this video 😂

This is beautiful! The ending is hilarious. Hand slowly and steadily reaches to close the Skype window, shocked expression unchanging 😂😅

@leb397
    , agreed! 😊 I genuinely don’t think I’d be where I am playing ukulele without Rock Class and the lovely people here. The encouragement here has helped me do things I didn’t think I could ever do with ukulele to this extent tbh, compared to where I was before I started here. Just so grateful for that and all the fun that happened in the process. 😊💕

jbmills07
    Participant

@The_Bumble_Bard agreed!
    Also, I wanted to do harmonizing cords, and wanted to have two videos together with me playing both parts like is done in the lesson. But syncing the timing is proving to be more difficult than first anticipated. Anyone else have this issue? And/or does anyone know an easy fix to make the process easier? Thank you 🙂
    Justin

Andrew
    Keymaster

@brightwing – Excellent strumming! My only suggestion would be to slow the tempo just a touch so it’s a little more chill in its groove. TY for the kind words!!

@lynnsheila
    – Bravo, Sheila! Fantastic playing! A wonderful first post. I look forward to watching more performances from you! Keep up the great work 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

Friendly Reminder – The deadline for receiving feedback and an entry into the giveaway is tonight at 11:59 PM EDT (check your local time zone).

abster
    Participant

@ukulelee Abhay says amazingly played

lbilkie
    Participant

@Andrew, thank you for the feedback and all I can say is, “Oops!”

Also, I had never seen that Jake video- it’s hilarious!

ksapp92
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

I tried playing around a bit with rubato for this one. I’m starting to work on some of the more intermediate selections, but this was the only one I felt ready to post.

janaq1
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi everyone,
    here is my June post. There are some inaccuracies, but it’s my most rhythmically successful attempt. I tried to record with a metronome, but I was too focused on listening to the metronome, so the playing was not relaxed. Luckily, the metronome’s battery died. 😀
    Thanks to the Rockclass team for the great lessons. It inspires and motivates me a lot. I always appreciate your feedback.
    Have a great summer everyone! And some even winter!
    Jana

lynnsheila

Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words ☺️

leb397
    Participant

@andrew love your April fools expressions 😆 I saw Jake perform at a small venue 4 years ago —- just wow.
    @jbmills I struggled first time we I entered a duet. Either Hall of MTN king or one before that. Also song of storms maybe? I use iMovie no easy way but tweaking the video/sound length to match.

@the_bumble_bard
    love seeing new entries/faces (or laps) 😁 this month. More members to encourage. Great entries!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.