Participate in the June 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@leb397, so true! I think even Gollum joined in this challenge ( @moonshoes ) and boy is that ever an honor! 😅 A lot of time in those mountains to practice I guess, though it is kind of dark…

leb397
    Participant

@TBB 😆😆😆often wonder about why chosen user names… YOU for example

hiouke
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

This is my submission of feel good strumming riff.

I haven’t been practicing or playing much lately. But I would allocate more time and effort on practicing and playing the ukulele next month.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@leb397, haha!! When I first joined here I was actually “potato lady,” but I asked Andrew to change it to what it is now because it’s the same as my illustrious YouTube channel and still-currently-unpublished, highly-refined blog. That’s why it’s The Bumble Bard because bumbling around and acting a fool is what I do best (not always in a good way… 😳). Also, I like bumble bees, even though I’m scared of them, and poetry. 😅

That is the “short” explanation. 😅

yukalele
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I had a very serious go at Rhythmic Blues this month, but it defeated me. Just couldn’t get a video take that was near acceptable (even at 75%). But I love playing it to myself in a locked room – brilliantly of course…

So I aborted and did a last minute take of Harmonising Chords. Apologies for the poor sound quality, my mic has failed and I had to use the PC mic.

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by yukalele.
    addilein
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

rmatos
    Participant

Hi all, here’s my attempt at Rhythmic Blues. I don’t have a uke tuned to Low G (yet) so I did have to cheat a bit.. but I had fun trying to find ways around it. Let me know what you think!

lynettejd
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

omaon4

I am a premium member

🫣

tessiert
    Participant

I’m really amazed how good the ukulele can sound using only one fretting finger at a time (at least when Matt is playing it :). I really like the tune and appreciate the opportunity to work on things like rubato and dynamics with an easier-to-fret song. If only I could get rid of the extraneous sounds.

Happy spring everyone,

Trace

lmdlinda
    Participant

ok, storm, internet outage, and then electical outage (short luckily) but here it is!

hopefully the link will work from easyvirtualchoir, it worked for me?

https://easyvirtualchoir.com/song/115576

thanks so much for the challenges! love them!!!

maryjanew
    Participant

I am A premium member.
    In on the skin of my teeth!

nelsonlin2021
    Participant

I Am A Premium Member

Syncopated Funk Strumming || Mini Lesson : 006

Andrew
    Keymaster

@ksapp92 – Beautifully played, Kelby! I really liked your pacing. Especially the fermata before going into the second theme. I also liked how you played the piece with a softer touch. Gave it a great feel. One suggestion. That single note on the 4th string before the triplet strums start, let that note ring just a little longer. It sounded cut short to me, like an 8th note instead of a quarter. Overall, well done! I think this is my fav performance from you to date 🙂

@janaq1
    – Rhythm was spot on! The only thing I noticed was that you re-interpreted bar 2. Here’s what I think you meant to do:

I have to say you played the piece very well! Great job this month 🙂

@hiouke
    – Excellent strumming! Form looks great and you aced the feel-good vibes! Only thing I’d work on is increasing tempo (gradually). Keep up the great work!

@yukalele
    – Great job on the duet David! Timing was very good! Only thing I’d work on is getting the harmony part to be a little cleaner. Practice at a slower tempo and work it up to speed. Doesn’t sound like it will take too long to get 100% clean.

@addilein
    – Bravo Astrid! Very well played! Only thing I’d suggest working on is increasing tempo, while keeping it steady. Keep up the great work!

@rmatos
    – It works brilliantly on high G! You aced it! Phenomenal performance, very well done! 👏

@lynettejd
    – Beautifully played, Lyn! Well done!

@omaon4
    – Playing sounded great, Helga! You have great strumming form too! One thing I’d recommend changing is when there’s a muted strum (XXXX) on the & of 4. Come up with a muted strum for that hit instead of coming down with a slap (chunk).

Other than that, work on keeping it steady and boosting tempo (gradually). Well done this month!

@tessiert
    – Beautifully played, Trace! Pacing was well done and I love the softer feel you played the piece with. For the triplet strum, since you played 3 quarter notes before it, I’d recommend doing only 1 triplet strum, instead of 2. That keeps the time signature of the measure uniform with the rest of the piece.

And I wouldn’t worry about “extraneous sounds”. That’s part of what makes acoustic instruments charming 🙂

P.S. Don’t forget the premium tag for K giveaways 😉

@lmdlinda
    – Beautiful feel and excellent timing! Wonderful performance, Linda! Well done!

@maryjanew
    – Excellent job on the strumming part, MJ! Harmony was very well played and your timing was great! Only thing I’d work on is getting the quarter note hit (beat 4) in each bar to ring a little cleaner.

@nelsonlin2021
    – Strumming form looks great, Nelson. But I’m hearing a different pattern. Try to count the pattern as you play:

Mute Mute Strum Mute Mute Strum Mute Mute Strum Mute Mute Strum Mute Mute Strum Strum

Unfortunately, you just missed our cutoff time for an entry. I tried to give everyone a friendly reminder yesterday. You still have entries from April 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

We did it! We crushed the Spring Challenges!

228 members participated in our last 3 challenges and I have been blown away by everyone’s performances! Thanks to each and everyone of you who participated.

We are going live at 12 PM ET (check your local time zone) on July 4th to announce the winner who gets to choose either a $1,745 K-1 Kanile’a Ukulele or a custom-built $2,900 Kanile’a Ukulele! The live stream link is below:

—-

Here is everyone who participated this month. Please let me know if there are any discrepancies.

muzikmama
    deadbuggy
    deadbuggy
    billypancakes
    billypancakes
    jbmills07
    jbmills07
    hawaiihaze
    hawaiihaze
    musiclover
    musiclover
    mepasha
    mepasha
    jebergeron
    jebergeron
    bunny2311
    mark1256
    mark1256
    gi_gi_
    gi_gi_
    smokealot
    smokealot
    lisadmh
    lisadmh
    ldarrow
    ldarrow
    suekulele
    suekulele
    jgillard
    jgillard
    misterbones
    misterbones
    lyndallk
    lyndallk
    brettboy
    brettboy
    annemarie
    annemarie
    kaski85
    kaski85
    dianna
    dianna
    joannetala
    joannetala
    leslieb
    leslieb
    rebeca
    rebeca
    jedart
    jedart
    rafaela
    rafaela
    ukandrea
    ukandrea
    shmu88
    shmu88
    otzepeng
    katazumiri
    katazumiri
    The_Bumble_Bard
    The_Bumble_Bard
    laurakarr12
    laurakarr12
    anyon1
    anyon1
    lhamilton
    lhamilton
    richo_uke
    richo_uke
    june2020
    june2020
    robinl
    robinl
    ccwuke
    ccwuke
    jody_hendrickson
    jody_hendrickson
    clempek
    clempek
    denisedistefano
    denisedistefano
    kdeacon7
    kdeacon7
    abster
    abster
    gstriph
    gstriph
    moonshoes
    moonshoes
    morrieuke1
    morrieuke1
    leb397
    leb397
    ukukelley1
    ukukelley1
    bibilele
    bibilele
    karenj
    karenj
    rgillof
    rgillof
    marlongas
    marlongas
    riffyk
    riffyk
    coffeemug
    coffeemug
    johanna2509
    johanna2509
    dorabr
    lbilkie
    lbilkie
    concan
    concan
    akukes73
    akukes73
    mlarson
    mlarson
    joe150
    joe150
    lynnzo
    lynnzo
    gracme2
    gracme2
    patdrehu
    patdrehu
    ukulelee
    ukulelee
    dividedsky
    dividedsky
    uku_on
    uku_on
    brightwing
    lynnsheila
    lynnsheila
    ksapp92
    ksapp92
    janaq1
    janaq1
    hiouke
    hiouke
    yukalele
    yukalele
    addilein
    addilein
    rmatos
    lynettejd
    lynettejd
    omaon4
    omaon4
    tessiert
    tessiert
    lmdlinda
    maryjanew
    maryjanew

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.