Participate in the June 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    hawaiihaze
    Participant

I am a premium member. I live 15 minutes from the Kanile’a Ukulele workshop. I hope I win!

muzikmama
    Participant

@jbmills07 Nicely played! You really did give it the one finger treatment, haha.
    I’m touched, thank you. I had the urge to post a follow up to show the direction I wanted to take it. My hard breathing in the first was from lack of practice/takes than sickness, really. Left it to show the part I found harder to overcome.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@jbmills07 – Another performance with great feel! Well done, Justin! I have one suggestion. Since you’re keeping the tempo steady, when you come to the end of the B Melody, hit that triplet strum exactly on beat 2, keeping the tempo steady. That way the entire melody stays uniform. Which I think would give it a stronger ending than slowing down or adding a little rubato pause.

@hawaiihaze
    – Excellent strumming Austin! Only thing I’d work on is to gradually increase the tempo. Keep up the good work! I’ll be rooting for you! If you win, we’ll be expecting some sweet factory tour pics 🙂

gi_gi_
    Participant

I feel as if I practice a whole lot and have at least 200 video attempts 😂🤣😂🤣.

jbmills07
    Participant

@andrew thank you for the feedback! I have made another attempt with your feedback in mind.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@jbmills07 – Nicely done!

musiclover
    Participant

This was fun, Andrew! Timing was a challenge…could not put it out of my mind.

I am a premium member

mepasha
    Participant

I’m a premium member.

Here’s the one finger etude for this months challenge. Apologies for the lame cropping on the vid.

muzikmama
    Participant

Just in case, sorry for the last comment guys if it came off wrong. I think I’ve got a bit of 🦶 in mouth.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by muzikmama.
    jebergeron
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Here is my take on one finger etude. My tempo is a little faster than in the video, this is how I felt it (if that make sense!).

Thanks

bunny2311
    Participant

This is my take on “Harmonizing Chords”.
    I’m not really good at editing but I tried by best to merge the two clips.
    Thank you Andrew!It was really fun to play.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@musiclover – Very beautifully played, Mary! Double check bar 6. There’s one extra open A on the & of 2 that you left out.

So timing (i.e. keeping a steady tempo) for this tune is a bit of give and take. Because it’s a perfect tune for experimenting with rubato. Which is how Matt chose to play it. I think your comment on timing may have meant transitions. Like, connecting one phrase to the next without pause.

Try listening back to your performance and note the areas where you paused. Target those spots in your practicing.

@mepasha
    – Excellent fingerpicking and I dig the ending!

@jebergeron
    – I like the quicker tempo! Love seeing y’all take it and make it your own! Excellent work this month, JP.

@bunny2311
    – Bravo on tackling both parts! It was beautifully played and I’ll be sharing it in tomorrow’s newsletter 🙂

bunny2311
    Participant

means alot Andrew…you made my day😊

musiclover
    Participant

I noticed that missing note…my problem is that Im excited to learn it all at once…so, if I learn it the wrong way first time around, it’s hard to go back and retrain. I’ll really try and take it one step at a time…and make use of the soundslice options!
    Thanks, Andrew-

mark1256
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

Feel Good strumming riff. I really enjoyed working on this one. I didn’t have very high expectations but I have worked a lot on it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.