Participate in the March 2020 Member Challenge – Classical Themed!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the March 2020 Member Challenge – Classical Themed!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    robinboyd
    Participant

I’ve now got 2 days to put it all together. Wish me luck! Here is theme 9.

marygrace
    Participant

marygrace
    Participant

Andrew this was by far the most challenging piece that I have tried to play. However you were with me the whole time (LOL) as I kept on hearing you say, play each note clearly, keep your rhythm, sustain your notes, pull offs should have the same tone quality as if plucked, don’t rush your slide – keep it in rhythm. I’m glad I took the challenge. After the 3 weeks of steady practice this is what came out. I seriously couldn’t practice it anymore. The last few days I got into Hone A Ka Wai and I’m really having fun with it and it seems so much easier to play. PS: Sorry sound is so low I can’t seem to get it any louder. I used my camera on my chromebook.

barbecueblack
    Participant

I am a premium member.
    Dear Rockclass,
    I really enjoyed practising Lagrima and after multiple recordings, here it is for the March challenge. Without a doubt, participating in the monthly challenges have led to improvement in my playing, and thinking and feeling about music. Thank you Rockclass.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@marygrace – Well done. My feedback for you is below and here is the lesson I referenced 🙂

@barbecueblack
    – Great playing! The only thing I can suggest is to work on cleaning up any notes that have a bit of buzz or lack sustain. Overall, you rocked it! Keep up the great work!

marygrace
    Participant

Always love your feedback Andrew!
    Many Thanks,
    Mary Grace

lisamcc
    Participant

I am a premium member
    Hey all,
    I came a bit late into this challenge as work went a bit bonkers!
    I know I can improve this and will continue to practice it – but today I really want to start working on those super cheerful Hawaiian numbers – definitely a tonic for the spirits!
    Keep safe everyone x

andracass
    Participant

My entry from the lockdown of Italy

samash07
    Participant

Here’s my entry for the month.

I tried to obtain a Low G string for afew weeks now but no luck. Online shippings are limited and stocks are out in my country due to the current situation of the world. Any who, I believe my tempo is kind of fast? And I totally missed the tempo change in the 2nd half, but no worries. I only learnt this yesterday and will keep practicing!

nthibode

I would need a few more months to polish up (and learn the rest of) this masterpiece. Glad I tackled it though! And thankful for my old soprano uke — the reason I can achieve those major stretch chords.

Take care everyone,
    ~Nathalie

annefgodfrey
    Participant

I am a premium member.

There are so many outstanding submissions this month! Unbelievably beautiful!

It is with “lágrimas” of embarrassment I submit this entry. I suppose what really matters is that we keep going & giving our best.

Please stay well, everyone.

wongbrown

There has been a few times I wanted to give up the submission because I thought I wasn’t going to make it. I am glad I have done it 😊 I have chosen Lagrima.
    I still need a lot of practice on the tempo. I found my ring finger was hard to place in the proper position. The biggest challenge for me is the transition from bar4 to 5 and to play from bar5 to bar8 smoothly with the suggested finger style.

Thank you and would appreciate your feedback.

ccwuke
    Participant

Nathalie that was beautiful, thank you!

Chris

kanae926
    Participant

Lágrima was quite a challenge. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to get one clean take of it from beginning to end and since I don’t have any editing chops, I can’t frankenstein together the perfect take by mashing several parts into one great play-through. It’s funny how I would mess it up in different places every time whether it be buzzing, muting, or string noise…and let’s not mention trying to get that tricky harmonic in time or increasing sustain with all that finger frenzy happening. 🙁

Anyway, the ending fell apart while playing Melody A the second time. Let’s just pretend I played it as well as the first time. 😉

I hope you’re all staying safe and healthy, uke friends!

cyukug
    Participant

This challenge is the one that I repeated recording the most by far.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 181 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.