Participate in the March 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Classical Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the March 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Classical Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    misterbones
    Participant

Here’s my take on Adelita. Not completely there yet, but getting closer. I played the A melody a litter slower and the B melody a little faster, kind of liked the contrast that’s added by the change of the tempo in addition to the major/minor change.
    (Please no prize drawing entry for me this month.)

jgillard
    Participant

While being FAR from perfect.. 😛 here is my Adelita V2. I think this is a little better than my first attempt, but still not super happy with it.. 🙂

Comments / suggestions are of course always welcome. Thanks,

abster
    Participant

Please accept Absters entry for March Challenge. He learnt Adelita over the course of a month and took it up as a challenge as it is a hard piece. Considering he is 6 years old, I am very proud of his effort.

I enjoyed listening to the other enteries for March. loved it!

lhamilton
    Participant

What beautiful playing, Absters!

abster
    Participant

thanks so much for your encouragement!

abster
    Participant

loved the playing Linda! It is a great piece of music!

jgillard
    Participant

@abster – You rocked Adelita! 🙂 Nice job. I enjoyed listening to your performance.

leb397
    Participant

@abster you are doing so well. Very nice and difficult entry this month.

@jgillard
    I think all your entries were good. You probably hear the big difference but nicely done.

leb397
    Participant

P.S.

@misterbones
    very nice. Your second part was cool. Not sure the technique but it was like a reverse fan. Probably not a good description but sounds great.

jvchong

Hi,
    Here is my entry for the March 2023 Challenge. I don’t think of myself anywhere close to being an intermediatep player but I don’t have a low-G ukulele… so, here is braving it and playing it really really slow. One thing I did notice though. I am definitely getting more comfortable recording myself playing the uke.

Rock Class 101 – Swan Lake – Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky – Mar 2023 Challenge

hannia
    Participant

Hi everton,

Here’s my contribution for the Challenge of March 2023.

lmdlinda
    Participant

don’t have a low g installed on any of my ukes and wanted to play this one so i guess i’m a rebel LOL so fun! thanks for the challenge!!! loved learning and playing it! learned a bunch- thank you! and i will install a low g soon!

johanna2509
    Participant

Hello! I had a busy month with exams and being in the process of moving out from my parents. Here is Study in B Minor. I enjoyed learning it and I look forward to the April challenge!
    And sorry for my cat purring into my phone while recording 😀 Maybe he likes classical ukulele.

denisedistefano
    Participant

Hi Everyone! I’m excited to participate in this challenge. I am new to ukulele, having bought my first (of three!) ukuleles just two months ago. I am loving every minute of it, and am glad I found Rock Class 101. It’s just the guidance I need. Wishing everyone luck in the raffle!

marlongas
    Participant

I know I can do it better but I also know I can’t do it better when i’m recording myself. My hands start to sweat and I have only a few tries before I have to stop. However,I’d need a few months to play it well.Thank you for this lessons!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 178 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.