Participate in the March 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Classical Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the March 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Classical Ukulele!

• This topic has 180 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by dianna.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    gi_gi_
    Participant

@leb397 That was great.

jody_hendrickson
    Participant

@Steven Thank you so much for your encouraging feedback!

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@leb397, that was perfection! Very lovely indeed. 😊 You captured the feel of that chune / tune very beautifully. All the entries have been amazing, especially all the Adelitas. Well done, all!

leb397
    Participant

@the_bumble_bard thank you kindly. I’m giving my fingers a break today because I truly spent 2 days recording that over and over. My low G Uke isn’t the best and so I had to be careful not to make the strings buzz or twang too much. It WAS a challenge.

@gi_gi you did amazing with Aldelita. I loved it in a slower pace. Made you listen extra careful to hear the next note… cool. Thank you for your encouragement. We ALL need it!

Brazo! Entrants. I’d love to get this tenor uke… 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@leb397 – Beautifully played 👏

marlongas
    Participant

I still having trouble when I release my fingers from the strings and sometimes there are unexpected noises. I don’t know if it’s because I tighten the strings too much or because when I’m recording,my hands sweat a lot or rather because of both. It’s something I have to improve… anyway,since the day Adelita’s lesson was published, I’ve only been practicing this one.Thank you so much for this lessons!! I’m a premium member

marlongas
    Participant

Here is my first attempt at Adelita. I have to play the A melody more fluently and not cut the sound. It’s the first time that I do n’t use the metronome to learn and record a lesson, but the rubato with a metronome is something that continues to be difficult for me. The lesson about Rubato has helped me, although my English is still a little weak and I don’t understand some parts. In any case, I have a week left to continue practicing, although I know that I will need weeks or maybe months to practice so that this beautiful melody sounds as it deserves. Thank you again…

leb397
    Participant

@marlongas beautiful Adelita! Study in Bm very nice too. It sounds like you have an amp attached but I don’t think so. The acoustics are so lovely. Really makes the piece. 🙂

gi_gi_
    Participant

@leb397 Thanks soooo much. I like it slower too plus I can’t play it faster 😂🤣😂🤣. Thanks for the encouragement.

Everyone’s submissions are sooooo stellar. We need more classical challenges. I just ordered Jeff Petersen’s Classical book for ukulele. Can’t wait till it comes.

evapaju

I love classical music! Here is my very relaxing moment with my ukulele playing Danse Paysanne. Just installed new strings and some notes may sound a little flat, sorry for that.

marlongas
    Participant

Thank you @leb397!! I don’t use an amplifier, is from the audio recording. I was looking for a church-cathedral sound, but maybe there are too much reverb. I’m still testing these things…and this won’t be the last(and the best) take. Thank you again!!

felixhchan
    Participant

Here’s my entry for the March member challenge: Study in B Minor. I’m a premium member.

jgillard
    Participant

@felixhchan Nice work on the Study in B Minor. 🙂

jedart
    Participant

I am a premium member. Here is my practice of Swan Lake on my electric ukulele.

anyon1
    Participant

Hello! Here’s my entry with Danse Paysanne. This one was more challenging for me than the others I attempted this year, but it has been fun to work on.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 178 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.