Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@smokealot – Performance was excellent! Well done! That slide sounds fine to me. Only comment I have is maybe you are pushing too hard with the pinky as you slide up?

smokealot
    Participant

Woho, I was very surprised to see my uper body in this weeks mail 😀 I always feel honored to be linked there!

Will play around with that slide a bit.

mark1256
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    Smoke on the Water. Kind of rough but Im still working at it.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Andrew. Reason: Embedded Video
    bethany_guardiani
    Participant

@smokealot your cover sounded great! I understand the nerves when the camera goes on – the more you do it, the better it gets!

And thanks! I’m hoping to record and post maybe sometime next week! 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@mark1256 – Well done, Mark! Your playing has a great feel. The only thing I’d say is to tighten up the rhythm a bit in the verse and keep doing what you’re doing, it sounds great!

debb1985

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Went for Smoke on the Water this month. Really fun song to play…and my husband sings it all day long now ha!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@debb1985 – Well done! Nice touch w/ the vibrato in the opening riff. The only things I’d suggest working on is that transition going into the chorus and try not to tug down on the notes in the ending lick – specifically string 2. Awesome performance overall!

debb1985

Thanks @Andrew! Will do!

tric_o_tronic
    Participant

I am a premium member

Smoke on the water with some mistakes and a cutted sólo in the end (had to remove my cursing ;-))

I have a question regarding Come as you are. How is it possible to play this song without muting or buzzing strings? My finger doesn’t bend like that?

bibilele
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I had so much fun learning “Smoke on the water”. Would have loved to do one from Van Halen, but that’s beyond my reach at the moment. But I will come back to these songs someday. 🙂

ldarrow
    Participant

I am a premium member.
    Come as you are. Struggling with this. The Dm bar or G and C is difficult for me. At first thought i would not get it at all, but it is somewhat there. Still have a bit of time this month to improve and repost. But here it is so far.

sebi75

I am a Premium Member.
    Early Sunday morning, Kids are still sleeping, so i decided to give this song a try.
    My attempt an “Ain´t talkinbout Love”.
    When i was a young boy and started listening to Rock Music, Eddie van Halen was one of my greatest hero, so learning this song is not only for the challenge and it is really fun playing this fun, after some strugglings ofcourse 😉
    But i think i will make another try later this month, because i am not satisfied with the solo part.
    I have problems with the loudness of the hammer ons and pull offs, maybe someone can give me a hint, how to make it louder and clear ? Any tips are welcome 😉

Hope you like this one.
    Many greetings from Germany, Sebastian

kirpuff
    Participant

phew, what a fun arrangement! my tapping leaves much to be desired, but maybe one day itll get there. probably not by May 31st so here it is, thanks Andrew and Evan!

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

ukandrea
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

My Nirvana “Come As You Are” has to “come as it is” for this month’s challenge as my focus is on learning “How Deep is Your Love”.

I find Matt’s alternative Dm really, really hard to play with a clean sound especially in this speedy song.

P.S.: Kudos to kirpuff for your fabulous Van Halen performance!!!

samash07
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Unfortunately I didn’t have enough time this month to put together a perfect piece, only been playing for the last 3 days. I won’t have access to my Ukulele from tomorrow so anyways, here’s my attempt at this month’s challenge performing Smoke on the Water.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 147 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.