Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    marlongas
    Participant

I’m a premium member. Nirvana-Come as you are

chiaracasella
    Participant

Hi Andrew, I am practicing JUMP for this challenge. It is maybe a bit to advanced for me but I decided to go for it anyway 🙂
    I’m skipping the solo and practicing tha Synth solo, but having some trouble in linking the chorus with the synth solo. Would you show me how i should do it??? And also any advice on how to end the piece withouth the fading?
    Thank you so much
    Chiara

Andrew
    Keymaster

@chiaracasella – I’d play the chords under the solo and then go into the synth solo. So don’t jump straight from chorus to synth solo.

For the ending, try this:

bethany_guardiani
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER 🙂

I chose Smoke on the Water this month (what a supremely fun song to play) and decided to give it a go on my solid body electric uke. I didn’t entirely love the way it sounded in the verse/chorus section, so I did bring in my acoustic electric to fill in some of those parts. As for the video…chances are it’s a little dramatic and overboard, but it was fun to make 🤣

samash07
    Participant

LOL amazing performance @bethany_guardiani

That beginning “whoosh” was unexpected.

bethany_guardiani
    Participant

@samash07 lol…..I debated on leaving the whoosh in but decided probably against better judgement to keep it. Probably a bit gimmicky but I’m ok with that 😂 And thank you!

kirpuff
    Participant

Super cool, bethany!

This is the best song list ever, so many good songs I am really enjoying everyones performances

bethany_guardiani
    Participant

@kirpuff me too! Define toy a great set list to choose from this month. And you are total uke inspiration for me….your performances are always so incredible!

shmu88
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi there, I had lots of fun with the song “Jump”… even though I’m not remotely close to being at 100% speed with those solos. Also, sorry for the crapy sound/audio.

Cheers!

Sam

kirpuff
    Participant

Aw thanks! This site is awesome 🙂

lyndallk
    Participant

WOW! @Kirpuff your version of Jump is amazing! And it’s only 20th May! And your playing it off be heart. Really. Fantastic. L

lbilkie
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

This was fun to learn. When I was a teenager (way too long ago!) I had a borrowed guitar for a short while and this was the first single-note riff I learned to play. Memories…

~Lori

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here’s everyone on page 2 that I haven’t gotten to yet.

tric_o_tronic – Well done! From here, what I’d work on is keeping it steady. Start with 4 or 8 bar sections. Your goal is to play it perfectly in time. Don’t move on to the next section until you’ve got it down.

As for your question, unfortunately I’m not able to answer it without being able to hear/see you play it. Post a video in this forum and I’d be happy to take a look.

bibilele – Timing on the first half is spot-on, well done! When you get to the verse and chorus, I’d practice that with a metronome. Overall it was an excellent performance, keep up the great work!

ldarrow – I think you did really well on those chord transitions! To be honest, I’ve never been a fan of that barred fingering for the Dm. If it was me, I’d omit string 4 and do X210. And of course, strum from 3 down. It makes the chord a little less “full sounding”, but way easier to play IMO.

sebi75 -Here is my feedback for you 🙂

kirpuff – That was amazing! It was an honor to share it. The comments on insta have been incredible. You’ve really inspired a lot of folks! Keep up the great work, Sara!

ukandrea – Performance sounds great! I’m in the same boat as you on that Dm. See my comments above for @ldarrow for an alternative work around.

samash07 – Awesome job for only 3 days of practice! You’ve got a great base established, but I’d work on the timing a bit more. Some parts are little rushed so try playing along with Matt in the tab player.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@marlongas – Flawless performance, well done!

@bethany_guardiani
    – That was amazing, so much raw energy in your performance. I loved it! I only have one tip for you. When you’re running the main riff up and down the neck, don’t tuck the ring finger underneath the fretboard. Keep it floating above so it’s always ready for action.

Keep up the great work and the tone sounds awesome on that electric!

@shmu88
    – I’d be super proud of that performance! You did a great job on the solo, especially that crazy tapping lick! For the synth solo, slow that one down and work on getting every note to ring clear.

Looking at the big picture, what I’d do moving forward is to play along with the tab player (with the full band). Slow it down a bit and work on getting everything clean while keeping the timing steady. But seriously, well done overall!

@lbilkie
    – Excellent performance, keep up the great work! Here’s one quick tip on the last lick:

lbilkie
    Participant

Andrew,
    Thanks so much for the feedback. I am excited to try it with my ring finger, it’s so much stronger. You noticed how my pinky bends so weirdly! I can’t seem to make it stand up straight.
    Thank you,
    Lori

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 147 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.