Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    riberbula

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi,
    I’m a beginner (2nd month), but I chose a more difficult challenge 🙂 I still struggle to produce a technically decent sound and play in time even at half the original speed. I need more time to make it sound nice, but it’s the end of May, so… here is my attempt 🙂

joe150
    Participant

I try to play , as much, as i could, without looking at the music

I am a premium member.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by joe150. Reason: trying to up load video right
    andrewvh
    Participant

I am a premium member

I definitely bit of more than I could chew this month with Jump. I spliced in the synth solo, but I still couldn’t get the timing right, even at 75% speed I can’t get my fingers to keep up. I did practice the solo but since it wasn’t mandatory for the challenge entry, I have spared any viewers from having to suffer through my playing of it. Otherwise the rest was one take.

I did enjoy this challenge, it’s an arrangement that I will keep practicing.

joelnal

Hi,

Here’s my video for Smoke on the Water. I had a lot of fun learning this. There are still many things I need to improve but it was fun to play.

I am a premium member.

Cheers!
    Joel

ukealori
    Participant

I am a Premium member.

First time making a video, and I’m proud of myself for posting. Long way to go, lots of buzzing notes and timing is a bit off. First time trying chord melody – this was really hard for me, but I stuck it out, and did the best I could. Old dog – new trick!

Improvement = success

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by ukealori.
    chiaracasella
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi everybody!
    here’s my performance of Jump. There are mistakes but this is the best I could do. Andrew I am so sorry but for some reasons i didn’t see your reply to my previous message until now. I didn’t received the email so i thought you did not answer 🙂 So I could not integrate your advice in the performance and I did exactly what you said not to do: I went directly from chorus to synt solo. I hope it’s ok this way also. I will try to practice the solo anyway and your suggestion for the ending. Thank you so much!!!!!

Chiara

riley_ukulele
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello

This month I was very excited to learn Jump. It was very fun, however I forgot to learn the solo, so I pretty much had to sight read the solo. Anyway, here are my recordings.

Thank you,
    Riley

sarahd
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

… but this is my first post! I really wanted to do Come As You Are but I haven’t got the hang of the chunk yet and my pinky needs to go to way more yoga classes… so here’s Smoke on the Water instead. I’m joining the others in the “oh no, it’s already the end of the month” camp and submitting the best I can capture on video right now. I hope it works!

seoulkim

[I am a premium member]

I enjoyed this session and great to see my progress compare to the last challenge on Apr. Here is my play of ‘Come As You Are’. Your feedback would be very appreciated.

Dear Andrew.
    I posted my recording for the Apr challenge on 30 Apr [Reply #46774, on 8th tab] but missed letting you know I am a premium member. I found it is very important to get two entries for the challenge. Thanks for your consideration.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by seoulkim.
    biancak
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

(Been busy with other songs, so not much time left for this month’s challenge I’m afraid…)

Andrew
    Keymaster

@qiuyan – Sounds great! But try not to rush the tie that happens on & of 4 in bar 15 into the first beat of bar 16. That phrase repeats over and over.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Friendly Reminder – The deadline for receiving feedback and an entry into the giveaway is tonight at 11:59 PM EST (check your local time zone).

givingtree89

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Here is “Smoke on the Water”
    This arrangement is fun!

concan
    Participant

I am a premium member

I had lot of fun playing nirvana/ come as you are. I really love the Seattle-bands of grunge like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden…..
    In this song i had to stretch my fingers quite a lot, sometimes i feel like my fingers are to small and i‘m not reaching the right chords.

karenj
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

This version of Smoke on the Water may have been better left burning in a smoking campfire somewhere or doused in water, but here it is all the same. I can imagine playing so much smoother without the stutters, string buzz, and missed rhythms and notes, but then I hit record and . . . .

It’s been fun to learn such a classic song. Thanks for the great lesson. I hope you are all doing well.

Karen

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 147 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.