Participate in the May 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    omaon4

I am a premium member Omaon4

Yellow Submarine

puppylovesuke
    Participant

Blackbird

Premium member

This is pretty messy but I’ll clean it up.

ukukelley1
    Participant

Here is my attempt at Yesterday.

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Sheryl

kmoore925x
    Participant

This is my third attempt at posting. I’m not sure why it’s not going through.

Here’s my try. It’s rough, but it’ll have to do for now.

kmoore925x
    Participant

Ack! After all that I forgot to post that

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

🤦🏻‍♀️

jojoba

moonshine
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER and I wish I had started learning this song earlier in the month. Still have some work to do, but here’s my go at Yesterday:

alysun1
    Participant

This is really not good. So listen at your own risk. I practiced no where near as much as I should have, I let this month beat me.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/FHHATkTrLhPcyirA6

richard_siegert
    Participant

Thank you for your feedback Andrew, I am always a little bit too slow. I should work more with the Tab Player, that’s true!

janaq1
    Participant

@Andrew , thank you for your tips. I appreciate this very much!

yukalele
    Participant

Andrew,

Thank you so much for your constructive feedback. You advise that I pay more attention to highlighting the melody. Listening back to my piece, I certainly can see what you mean!

I’ve gone back to blackbird and in trying to follow your advise, it’s better, but there is so much to concentrate on!

Anyway, much appreciated you taking so much time to provide me and others such valuable feedback.

ukulelee
    Participant

Hello Andrew. I truly appreciate the feedback on Yesterday. It makes me want to really dig in and hone it, as well as my general playing. Thanks for the inspiration!!

jayton
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback !
    Will have a closer look at that part👍

Andrew
    Keymaster

casadot349
 – Excellent performance! Great feel and timing throughout. Very well done this month 👏

ukealori – great job, Lori! Trying looping the opening 4 bars with Matt in the tab player. Go slow and focus on getting the transitions down.

@uku241
    – You’ve got a great singing voice! And very cool to see the fam join in 🙂

dottiectrain – Amazing playing! How long have you been playing for?

One thing I want you to take a look at is this lesson. It’s an overview on how to hold the ukulele. Read the article and watch the video at the bottom of the page. I want you to angle the neck up a little bit, because you’re currently holding it like a guitar. If you can point the neck up at a 45 degree angle, it should make playing easier 🙂

jeg143 – Awesome performance! There’s a few pauses in some of the transitions, so that’s where I would focus my practice on. One way to work on this is to loop 4 bars at a time in the tab player.

smudge – Beautiful playing! I’d say you’re at the stage where you can start to increase tempo to build speed 🙂

mkstewart67 – Excellent performance! Really well done this month!!

russellbarnett – Excellent job on the timing and tempo! Even I don’t think I can play it that fast lol. Ohh, and don’t forget to add the “I am a premium member” tag to your posts 🙂

omaon4 – Excellent job! I dig the mix of staccato and sustained chord hits. Sounds really nice!

puppylovesuke – I think our definition of messy is quite different lol. That was a fantastic performance, David! Keep up the great work 🙂

ukukelley1 – Very well played and I like the subtle changes you through in. Couple little pauses in the timing, but nothing that a little more practice can’t resolve. Solid performance overall, great job this month!

kmoore925x – I wanted to apologize. I checked our spam filter and saw that both of your previous posts got caught in it. Looks like the first one came in at 11:52pm, so no worries you’ll get an entry for this month.

null

Onto your performance, it was excellent! Great tone and feel throughout. I’d say you’re at the stage where you can start to increase tempo to build speed 🙂

jojoba – Great job, Juan! So with this song, you want to aim for more sustain in the notes and chords than staccato. Check out this lesson, it’ll help you work on increasing sustain.

It also sounds like some of the bars are rhythmically tripping you up. Which is understandable as the song is extremely syncopated. Try playing along with Steven in the tab player. That should help clarify any confusion. Try 4 bars at a time.

Also, don’t be afraid to sing the bars out-loud (not playing). That always helps me memorize syncopated lines.

Unfortunately, you submitted past our deadline so I won’t be able to give you an entry for this month. I tried to give everyone a friendly reminder yesterday. But the good news is there are four more chances to enter for the prize.

moonshine – Great job! Double check the rhythm in bar six. That first note should be a quarter note. Also, check out this video that I made earlier this month for another member. It’ll give you a tip with fretting that first chord in bar 4.

BTW – Cool to see you do two songs this month 🙂

alysun1 – Nice job! Sounds like you’ve got a great base established, just need a little bit more practice to smooth it out 🙂

Unfortunately, you submitted past our deadline so I won’t be able to give you an entry for this month. I tried to give everyone a friendly reminder yesterday. But the good news is there are four more chances to enter for the prize.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Wow! 100 members joined us for this month’s challenge! It has truly been a pleasure to watch everyone’s performances and offer my humble feedback. BIG thanks to each of you who participated and bravo on a job well done!

Our June Challenge is LIVE and the theme is: Opera Songs! I hope each of you joins us again.

Below, I will post a list of members who participated in the May challenge for your second chance to win the Kanile’a Ukulele. Please let me know if there are any discrepancies.

—-

jbmills07
    jbmills07
    mark1256
    mark1256
    evapaju
    evapaju
    lyndallk
    lyndallk
    laurakarr12
    laurakarr12
    qiuyan
    qiuyan
    clempek
    clempek
    nthibode
    nthibode
    rafaela
    rafaela
    deadbuggy
    deadbuggy
    cemusicalele
    cemusicalele
    leb397
    leb397
    debb1985
    debb1985
    katazumiri
    katazumiri
    jsanjuan
    jsanjuan
    dianna
    dianna
    lynnzo
    lynnzo
    artcrocker
    artcrocker
    pysanky
    pysanky
    shmu88
    shmu88
    ccwuke
    ccwuke
    moonshine
    moonshine
    johanna2509
    johanna2509
    simonalexander
    simonalexander
    tric_o_tronic
    tric_o_tronic
    gi_gi_
    gi_gi_
    rebeca
    rebeca
    leslieb
    leslieb
    zongozongo
    zongozongo
    sir_anzalot
    sir_anzalot
    suekulele
    suekulele
    ebetsimo
    laurajax
    laurajax
    joe150
    joe150
    riley_ukulele
    riley_ukulele
    gmflin8
    gmflin8
    jebergeron
    jebergeron
    ukandrea
    ukandrea
    misterbones
    misterbones
    brettboy
    brettboy
    jchita
    tessiert
    tessiert
    karenj
    karenj
    lisadmh
    lisadmh
    lhamilton
    lhamilton
    june2020
    june2020
    wongbrown
    wongbrown
    akukes73
    akukes73
    gstriph
    gstriph
    kdeacon7
    kdeacon7
    ldarrow
    ldarrow
    joannetala
    joannetala
    barbecueblack
    barbecueblack
    tules14
    tules14
    samash07
    samash07
    yukalele
    yukalele
    richard_siegert
    richard_siegert
    biancak
    biancak
    morrieuke1
    tim0721
    tim0721
    nelsonlin2021
    nelsonlin2021
    ukulelee
    ukulelee
    dorabr
    kpurdy
    kpurdy
    dividedsky
    dividedsky
    andrewvh
    andrewvh
    kidelozzi
    kidelozzi
    uku241
    uku241
    seoulkim
    seoulkim
    maryjanew
    maryjanew
    dal08260
    dal08260
    annemarie
    terryfallon3
    terryfallon3
    cimarronsailor
    cimarronsailor
    coffeemug
    coffeemug
    henri0
    henri0
    antotonin
    antotonin
    janaq1
    janaq1
    sarahd
    sarahd
    jayton
    jayton
    sarrafina
    sarrafina
    robinboyd
    robinboyd
    jlbross
    jlbross
    mademoiselleannette
    casadot349
    casadot349
    ukealori
    ukealori
    dottiectrain
    jeg143
    jeg143
    smudge
    smudge
    mkstewart67
    mkstewart67
    russellbarnett
    russellbarnett
    omaon4
    omaon4
    puppylovesuke
    puppylovesuke
    ukukelley1
    ukukelley1
    kmoore925x
    kmoore925x

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 181 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.