Participate in the May 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    katazumiri
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello everyone!

Here is my attempt with “Yellow Submarine”:

Have a nice day!

jsanjuan

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my entry for this month. I decided to upload this take, but gonna keep working on it. Not used to tenor string tension, some muted strings here and there. Loving this month’s theme.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by jsanjuan.
    mark1256
    Participant

This is my second post this month. Really like all the Beatle songs. There’s a few rough spots. My internet is going to be limited for a while so I wanted to post this while I can. Tried to video the birds while I was playing but they wouldn’t cooperate. Came back as soon as I finished recording.
    By the way, I’m a little embarrassed to post this after listening to Nathalie’s fantastic performance.

sir_anzalot
    Participant

Wow @nthibode that was hauntingly beautiful. Mad respect for doing both parts at the same time and getting a great take with the bird songs in the background on top of it, too! Very great work =)

dianna
    Participant

Sooo….Birds were on cue and didn’t seem bothered in the least by my flubs or cringe-worthy intonation issues😜😁😂

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by dianna.
    lynnzo
    Participant

Oh no! I have to travel without my ukulele through the end of the month. I’m putting in my entry now even though I haven’t had time to memorize it.
    This is my submission of Yellow Submarine arranged by Matt Dahlberg.
    I am a premium member

Andrew
    Keymaster

@debb1985 – Great playing as always, Debb! Funny you mention the challenges that come with playing it on baritone. I actually thought the exact same thing when I was playing it on tenor the other day (that it’s easier to play on concert). Then I thought this is a great excuse to buy a uke in every size haha.

But it’s funny how the opposite is true too. For example, I find the chord shapes in this song very challenging to play on concert. They’re much easier to fret on the baritone.

@katazumiri
    – Love the duet with bass! Excellent playing all around 🙂

@jsanjuan
    – Excellent take with great feel throughout!

@mark1256
    – Your performance was awesome, just like Nathalie’s 🙂

The only thing I want to hear more of is a bit more sustain in the first bar of the choruses. Other than that, it was great overall. Timing was great too!

@dianna
    – Awesome take! Love the scenery and the birds chirping 🙂

@lynnzo
    – Well done! Double check ending 4 in verse 1. It uses a much simpler rhythm than the triplet strum you through in there 😉

debb1985

@Andrew you are right! I took out my tenor after posting my video and my fingers felt claustrophobic trying to get into position on the frets – was a lot easier on the Baritone in that aspect. Thanks as always for the feedback!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by debb1985.
    artcrocker
    Participant

I am a Premium Member of RockClass

Link below is Yellow Submarine played on a low G ukulele, Kanile’a Concert

pysanky
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi all!

Here is my submission of Blackbird on my tenor, this is my second entry. Birds on the cover are actually starlings that I raised a few years ago. I looked forward to the critique!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by pysanky.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Andrew.
    shmu88
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey guys! Here is my take on Let it be 🙂
    The 4 Beatles’ songs this month were all so nice to hear/learn, thank you RC101 crew!

Sam

dianna
    Participant

Thanks Andrew!

maryjanew
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

This is NOT my official entry but a singing version I did back in March ’22 for a different Beatles Challenge.
    It has some elements from a chord melody version that I could Not learn at the time.
    RC101’s version is even more difficult but I am giving it a shot because I love this song so much.
    I “feel” it in all the sad and hopeful ways intended by the song. I will try to have a version done by May 30th but I know the difficulty level is WAY above my skill.
    I just had to say goodbye to my 16 yo Dog, Lucy,(2 days ago) so yeah, I’m sad. 😢

“Let It Be”

ccwuke
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.

Great arrangements of Beatles songs this month. Here’s my recording of Yesterday.

Played along with the metronome this month to try and improve timing.

@maryjanew
    so sorry to hear of your loss. You can see a drawing above my left shoulder of my lab Rex who we said goodbye to 7 years ago. Still miss him.

Chris

maryjanew
    Participant

@ccwuke thanks Chris for the kind words! Dogs are great. Lucy was my 2nd JRT and it hurts to say goodbye. Thanks for sharing about you lab. I love Labs!
    Great job on your version of Let it Be! oops I mean Yesterday! Which is my other favorite Beatles sad song!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by maryjanew.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 181 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.