Participate in the November 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 229 total)
  • Author
    felixhchan
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Here’s my November entry. I loved the arrangement that Steven Warren put together.

Andrew
    Keymaster

misterbones – Bravo, Michael! This is one of the best performances I’ve heard from you. And it’s impressive because you said you don’t play along with others that often, but when I listened to your performance there’s times where you’re so locked in with the band that it’s truly amazing. Like the ending of the 3rd song’s chorus going into the next verse at 2:30. Killer!

So here are my thoughts moving forward: Keep working on the rhythm for the fourth song. Work through it with me in the lesson, because I deep dive into it in great detail. And for the first song, slow the tempo down a little bit. See if you can get locked in a little tighter.

But again, round of applause! Brilliant job this month!

biancak – Excellent playing! Duet sounds beautiful 🙂

ccwuke – Beautiful playing! Great work, Chris 🙂

effortless – I thought your performance sounded great! Sometimes with dynamics, less is more. For example, your vibrato gave the piece a nice touch 🙂

gstriph – Excellent performance this month, Jerry! My only suggestion is to memorize it. That should help you smooth out some of the tougher chord transitions in the B Melody. But overall, this was one of the strongest performances I’ve heard from you this year. Keep up the great work!

felixhchan – Excellent take! I really like how your B melody had a unique theme. By adding a fermata at the end of every second bar, you added your own touch to the music 🙂

Now I know a lot of folks read through my feedback, so I’m going to leave a video below for those who may not be aware of how to create a theme within a performance. The video covers a different song, but you can use the suggestions on rubato for this song as well 🙂

rafaela
    Participant

I am a PREMIUM MEMBER.

Hi everyone,
    for this month’s challenge I chose “Valse Venezolano No.2”. I started learning it when it first came out but never completed it, so this was the perfect opportunity for me to finally finish this beautiful song.
    I really enjoyed learning it, although there were some pretty challenging parts in it (which is also why I chose the 75% speed version).

Thanks for listening! 🙂
    Rafaela

coffeemug
    Participant

Hi!

I am a premium member.

So enjoyed learning this étude. And appreciate Steven’s instructional video, because I learned fingerings that I would have never come up with on my own. Tried to do additional takes after this one, attempting to infuse more (or some?) rubato in my playing, but kept screwing up so will leave this one here as is.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@rafaela – Beautifully played, bravo!

@coffeemug
    – Excellent playing! For rubato, check out the video I left 2 posts above for @felixhchan. It’s got tips on how to use it for this song 🙂

lyndallk
    Participant

I’m a premium member – playing Etude in E Minor (A Minor)

I love your idea @debb1985 so I borrowed it. By the way, you play it beautifully! Thank you

I’m playing the piece on my low G tenor tuned up to A. (As per Debb)

And thanks Steven for another great classical arrangement.

concan
    Participant

I am a premium member

Hey everyone, here is my november challenge etude in e minor.
    I started earlier this month, so I donˋt have to post the piece at the end of the month.
    My most challenging chords were from G7 to G7(1), my fingers often slipped beside.
    With so many trials, i think its okay now.
    I have a lot of fun learning and practicing pieces with rockclass101, its so great explained step by step.

coffeemug
    Participant

Thank you, Andrew!

rafaela
    Participant

@andrew Thank you!

mark1256
    Participant

I am a premium member.

I did Etude in E minor. I was fairly happy with it until I relistened to Steven. I’ll keep working on it but (believe it or not) I have come a long way.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lyndallk – Beautifully played with great feel throughout. Well done, Lyndall!

@concan
    – Your form and chord transitions look excellent. Playing sounds great, too! Well done and thank you for the kind words 🙂

@mark1256
    – Excellent playing, Mark! This is one of the best performances I’ve heard from you! Great job and keep up the good work!

bomarkt
    Participant

Second attempt after missing a whole section of chords.
    Loving all the posts and comments/tips from Andrew much appreciated..have a long way to go…

Andrew
    Keymaster

@bomarkt – Sounding good! 🙂

bomarkt
    Participant

Andrew you are too kind..It sounds much better when I play with just pointer n middle finger but trying to break that habbit in use 3 fingers🤞keep slipping back to 2 from habit

gi_gi_
    Participant

Everyone’s posts are so good. I am thinking I bit off more than I can chew with the Venezuelan Waltz 😂. I just realized I have to get it to 75%. I thought I could submit it at 50% (insert face palm)…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.