Participate in the October 2018 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile'a Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2018 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile'a Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 270 total)
  • Author

Good for you, Vida. That’s a difficult song to play.

vidafntn
    Participant

Hi, Crazihipichic,

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement.

Regards,

Vida

cinichol
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hope this works! Kind of a weird, low-key version. A mechanical noise in the background doesn’t help, and then my knee bumped something right at the end.

Electric with reverb!
    Here Ya Go
    The pinky move was really hard for me, and it’s still hit or miss. Pisses me off! lol I’ve tried adjusting in various ways and hope my finger would get stronger and maybe it has. But still not reliable.

Oh yeah, I shortened the piece up for practice, then decided just to leave it that way.

Here’s another as well:

And one on soprano. Sorry, I just could not decide!!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by cinichol.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by cinichol.
    cinichol
    Participant

Does the 5000kb size only apply to files actually uploaded to RockClass (meaning links to YouTube over that size are ok?)?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Correct!

cinichol
    Participant

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

mr_moltes
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    joining the challenge all the way from france!
    I’m new here but still, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Rockclass 101!
    i’m really excited to be part of this challenge and it really helped me improve my finger picking skills :
    i could really tell the difference within only a couple of weeks learning that song.
    Thanks andrew for this excellent website!

suzums
    Participant

Brenna, you did such an amazing job! The timing with your hammer-ons and pull-offs were sounded awesome! 🙂

mheiden
    Participant

I’ve already submitted Walking Dead for the challenge this month. But I wanted to post where I’m at so far with St. James Infirmary. This is one of my favorite lessons so far & I really want to be able to play it. It’s a bit beyond my current skill level. I’ll post again once I get it down more (please excuse the weed wacker buzz in the background).

zukulele

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    It almost doesn’t seem right to learn this song on an ukulele – ukes sound too happy.

zukulele

Been praying for your husband Anne; hope he’s feeling better.

strizaldo
    Participant

Here’s my entry!

poopsies
    Participant

Here’s my entry: the first chord change doesn’t sound too hot, but I tried my best.

rpina61
    Participant

Andrew,

Here’s my October submission … Fingerpicking Etude No. 15. It was quite challenging to get the mechanics of it in just a few weeks. Will certainly require much more practice to get the tone and feeling right. But it is certainly a fun piece because it is so different from anything I’ve played up till now.

On to La Gitanita for next month!

Cheers,

Robert

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

suzums
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my submission for October! This song was super challenging to learn, but I’m glad I did! Quite a few transition that needs to be worked on but here’s my recording for now!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 270 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.