Participate in the October 2018 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile'a Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2018 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile'a Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 270 total)
  • Author
    pauvaliente
    Participant

Hello everyone, here it is my entry for the monthly challenge.
    It has been really tough to work on the transitions!

hafeez3115

Hi! Here’s my entry for this month’s site member challenge. (I’m a premium member!)

kmelton
    Participant

Andrew, thanks for the kind words and feedback. Regarding the advice on loosening up my right hand, is are there any tips/suggestions to correcting this, or does it happen organically by just practicing more? If you’ve already posted this somewhere, I apologize. Just want to avoid developing any bad habits while I work on my right hand technique.

Andrew
    Keymaster

No tips other than being aware of tense/looseness while playing. Eventually it becomes second nature to be relaxed.

jenaenlaxson
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    My name is Jenae and I am so excited to be a part of your group and this giveaway. I have been playing ukulele for just under a year, but I’ve been playing guitar since I was 13. I am so glad I stumbled upon this website, as it seems to be geared towards finger style. I look forward to participating and chatting with everyone.
    Cheers!

leahwoosley

Working up the walking dead one ~ Halloween is my favorite time of the year. 🙂 (premium member here too)

https://youtu.be/o4vWptNnKHU

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by leahwoosley.
    rickeymike
    Participant

Fabulous, Leah.

voyager
    Participant

Dante Halpin username voyager

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Dante, looks like your video upload was unsuccessful. The upload feature on the site only supports file sizes up to 5 MB and is only meant for photos. I’d encourage you to share a video link via a YouTube Account. If you do not have an account, you can create one here (it’s free!): https://www.youtube.com/create_channel.

hafeez3115

Hey guys! I know this doesn’t count, but I wanted to challenge myself by trying out “St. James Infirmary.” It wasn’t perfect, but here’s my attempt!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by hafeez3115.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by hafeez3115.
    brettboy
    Participant

Hello my fellow Ukulele Creepy Pastas.
    Here’s my best attempt at playing Etude no. 15.
    Happy Halloween Everyone!

rickeymike
    Participant

Brett, What scary fun! And an eye-patched muppet? LOL Ask Andrew if he would give you a page devoted to video editing. Teach us all!

hafeez3115

nice job brettboy! also i forgot to add that i was a premium member on my st james infirmary video. (not taking chances xD)

rickeymike
    Participant

hafeez and others:I think you had better edit your performance post to include your premium member status. I copied Andrew’s instructions below:

YOU MUST WRITE “I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER” ON YOUR PERFORMANCE SUBMITTAL POST. Please write this phrase in its own line. For example:

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

hafeez3115

Thanks for the advice rickeymike, but i don’t seem to have the option to edit my post. Maybe the forum doesn’t allow you to edit your post after it had been posted for a day or two.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 270 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.