Participate in the October 2018 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile'a Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2018 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile'a Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 270 total)
  • Author
    jenaenlaxson
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    I never realized how weird I looked playing until now. This is my first challenge and I am so glad I found Rock Class 101 and decided to put myself out there and enter into the challenge. Overall, learning this song was fairly easy. I was able to only have one minor hiccup in my version of this song. Thanks Andrew for hosting such an awesome challenge.

awiealissa
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

This is my entry for the october challenge. I tried Etude No. 15 and I practiced it almost every day of this month. It was pretty difficult, but I’m kind of happy with the result.

Here’s the Soundcloud link:

I also posted it on Instagram, if you’re interested in the video. I hope it’s okay if I share both links.

View this post on Instagram

Happy Halloween 👻🎃 A spooky arrangement by @rockclass101 (Etude No.15). #halloween #fingerstyle #ukulele #ukulelecover #rockclass101 #octoberchallenge #spooky #fingerstyleukulele #batonrougeukulele @baton_rouge_guitars

A post shared by Alissa (@_awiealissa_) on

suzie1
    Participant

I learned the second half of the song off of watching Evan play it real slowed down, so there might be some wrong notes here and there but I did my best. Kept in a blooper, ’cause why not. Thanks Andrew! This was really fun to learn and play!

yukalele
    Participant

My first attemp at a challenge – and not far off at picking!

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

David

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by yukalele.
    josephus
    Participant

Hi! Here’s my entry for this months challenge! Hope it’s ok…

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by josephus.
    becky7777
    Participant

Loving everyone’s entries! Some make me really say wow! I think Andrew and Stephen got the 50 they were shooting for! (And more!) The two songs for November are going to be interesting. Not sure I can move my thumb correctly for Gypsy woman without crazy pain. (Broken)I want to learn moon, but i’m afraid i’m going to murder the song dead…

Looks like soundcloud shot me a confirmation email today. I’ll get my entry off google drive and put it there when I can. We have trick-or- treaters already.

Happy Halloween again everyone! For people in other countries who don’t celebrate, happy October 31st! 🙂

lisamcc
    Participant

I am a premium member.
    Here’s my October submission. It’s not perfect and I’ve done hundreds of takes and I’m getting worse not better! I had a problem because whilst trying to learn it, I seemed to make up a bit of it and then had real problems ‘unlearning’ that. Also found a couple of those higher changes a bit tricky to get into. Anyway, before I go completely crazy… here it is. There was a crashing thunderstorm whilst I was recording – very halloween!

ineonfox
    Participant

Here’s my entry for October’s Challenge! That one was really challenging, especially on transition between 1st and 2nd part, but still it was fun =)

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by ineonfox.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by ineonfox.
    _elizabeth_
    Participant

Hi! Here’s My entry for October Competition! That was really good song

lisadmh
    Participant

Great job everyone! I love all the first time entries and the huge number of entries overall. Although it reduces my chances of winning 😀 it’s great to see so many members rising to the challenge!

carmen-s
    Participant

I really wanted to learn this song when I saw it but I thought it was way out of my level, but I did it, not perfect but I actually did it!!

View this post on Instagram

#HappyHalloween The Walking Dead Theme. Arreglo por @rockclass101 🕷️🕸️🦇 #ukulele #ukesmx #ukulelesmexico #ukelife #ukelover #ukecover #halloween #ukelele #ukeleles #ukelelesmexico #eddyfinn

A post shared by Ukuleles México (@ukesmx) on

kcharles15
    Participant

Hi all! First time posting. I found RockClass101 about two weeks ago while looking on Youtube for ukulele fingerpicking lessons. I have been playing ukulele for a few years, but fingerpicking is a brand new technique for me. Happy Halloween everyone!-Korey

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by kcharles15.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by kcharles15.
    jlbross
    Participant

I am a premium member. Here is my October challenge.

karenj
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Oops. Didn’t realize I needed to write that with my submission. I know my chances are slim to win this beauty, but I didn’t win that 978 million lottery, so here goes. . . .
    Here’s another link just to keep it all in one submission. Thanks again for a fun challenge.

marni11
    Participant

Happy Reformation day!!!! 🙂 Everyone did a great job this month!

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 270 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.