Participate in the October 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a CUSTOM Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a CUSTOM Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    rickeymike
    Participant

Great job, Robin. Love the slides! AND, love you “walking in your sleep”!

Andrew
    Keymaster

deadbuggy – Great job, Sara! So I think you have a good base established, but with this song you really want to work on getting every note correct. I spent a lot of time with this arrangement on note selection, specifically the B melodies.

There is movement in the bass (which I talked about in the lesson), and this movement is intertwined between the harmony; which helps to make this a very cool sounding tune. Now a lot of times, arrangements have a “filler” harmony, and therefore you are free to switch up picking patterns, etc. But IMO, it does not work for this song.

nthibode – Bravo, brilliant!

robinboyd – Great job! Here is my feedback for you 🙂

robinboyd
    Participant

Thanks @Andrew. I love it when you suggest things that I hadn’t even thought of. I’ll make sure I think along those lines next time I play it. It shouldn’t take a lot of effort to incorporate that.

nthibode

Thanks to you, @Andrew!

And thanks Becky; glad you liked my prop 😁

Andrew
    Keymaster

My pleasure!

deadbuggy
    Participant

Many thanks, Andrew! I’ll revisit the bass notes on the B sections…sometimes what I hear isn’t what is written and what I play isn’t either of those 🙂

anirbaf
    Participant

ohhh, what a challenge! I’d really like a shot at the custom Kanile’a! I think I will give Danse macabre a shot because I tried it a few months ago and never finished. I struggle with theme 2 up the neck though, especially the hammer-ons and pull-offs. I just can’t get them to ring out, those notes are barely even audible. any suggestions on how to practice them?
    good luck to everyone! (:

edit: I just fiddled around and now I found a method to make it work where I bar across two frets with the index finger so I have my ring finger left free for the hammer-ons! what a relief. though it feels like I’m kinda fudging on the fingering 😀 I think it will work!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by anirbaf.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by anirbaf.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@anirbaf – Can you post a video playing just that part? I’ll be better able to help if I can see/hear what you are doing.

lakeside339
    Participant

Nat – great job on Helen’s Theme – and the Halloween theme. Moose = Outdoor Ukulele company, right? The uke sounds great!what size?

nthibode

Thanks @lakeside339! Yes, Outdoor Ukulele brand, tenor size with a low-G string. Feels and plays great, and has a nice bright sound!

surfnrz

Simply amazing Nathalie! Everything was perfection from your playing to the lighting and THOSE FANGS! Fabulous!

nthibode

Aw thanks for the kind words, Ray! I did have a lot of fun planning the video. Here’s a behind-the-scenes shot of my setup (inside a storage closet). Looking forward to seeing the remaining videos and costumes this month!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@nthibode – And I thought you were sittin in the dark outside LOL

rickeymike
    Participant

Wow, What wattage on that bulb? Love the T shirt filter.

nthibode

For real Andrew?? I’d be freezing.

Rickey it’s whatever bulb that came with my Ikea lamp (it says E26 6.3W or something?). LOL, the t-shirt filter was a necessity!! I kept playing with layers of cloth and camera settings until I got the effect I wanted. My high school photography class comes in handy once in a while! And of course the storage closet lights were off for the shooting, only the lamp on.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 303 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.