Participate in the October 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a CUSTOM Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a CUSTOM Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    ripley
    Participant

Wow @nthibode, that was so awesome! Both the playing and the acting 😉

@lisadmh
    I’m struggling a little to get that change up to speed too and holding the barre chord that follows is also hard work, though that’s largely my fault for over-stretching when playing “Silent Night” and damaging a nerve in my forefinger. Lamest injury ever. Like you, I feel that I’m making slow improvements in the tricky parts so I’ll keep at it!

surfnrz

So cool! I can’t wait to do mine. I LOVE HALLOWEEN!

nthibode

Thanks @ripley! I’ve also suffered ukulele-related injuries in the past (my left shoulder blade and left thumb/thenar area). Who knew the ukulele could be so dangerous? 😉 Keep it up!

jinajupiter
    Participant

I’m considering to give Danse Macabre a try. like Anirbaf I find it hard to make the hammer on and pull offs ring, so high up the fretboard. I learned in the lesson about buying an ukulele that the laminated tops have less sustain. I already know that I will never manage to play the same speeds as the original but I will do my best. I miss a bit the 3rd and 6th, 8th note of the melody in Theme 3. I would like to add that. Enjoy practicing the spooky and sombers songs everybody.

ripley
    Participant

Haha! Glad to know I’m not the only one who has managed to hurt themselves whilst playing 🙂 Hope your injuries are all healed up now @nthibode

anirbaf
    Participant

Andrew, I’ll do my best to record it sometime during the weekend (:

lisadmh
    Participant

Hey Andrew, do you have any tips for me on this hard chord change in Sound of Silence? I’ve been practicing daily for over a week now and my fingers just say no.

I want this song so badly, but instead I’m just playing it so badly.

becky7777
    Participant

Lisa try hitting just your high g on the strum? Avoid the low G to see if that fixes it. (Not sure if that’s what’s going on. Sounds like it might be?)

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lisadmh – You are pulling the strings down. Try to form the chord so the strings remain as straight as possible. I would remove the phrasing and just practice the chord change with the above as your goal.

robinboyd
    Participant

Nice 5-string Lisa!

ivsky07
    Participant

This will be my first attempt. I am excited to try.

en_joy
    Participant

@lisadmh – Try like im doing in video below. I have changed fingering on Bb just because easier change to F.

Good luck 😀

rickeymike
    Participant

Enjoy, nice smooth chord change demonstration. Good luck Lisa.

lisadmh
    Participant

Thanks guys. Quick check in at work and now I’m dying to go home and try the alt fingering. That looks promising.

Robin, thanks! It’s my newest acquisition. I’m loving it.

laurasil
    Participant

I´m not completely satisfied with how it turned out but I think I was driving my family insane with this melody hahahaha

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 303 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.