Participate in the October 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a CUSTOM Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a CUSTOM Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    lisadmh
    Participant

Johanna, I tried that too and it’s easier to get into but harder to get out of for the next chord for me.

It’s slowly coming along… 🙂

becky7777
    Participant

Andrew- You managed to guilt trip me into picado. Thought I wrote this but never sent it lol. I’ve been playing for a mountain lion who’s been interested in me practicing outside on the porch in the middle of the night in warmer weather. Sounds nuts but I really have not wanted to get eaten so I kind of got stuck in what it seems to like, has a catchy riff I came up with for it too lol! (Plus i’m still pretty happy where my picado is compared to hammer ons right now. I’ve been working on different tremolos from classical, so it seems kind of cheating-ish. -Not that I’m saying im good, because im so not saying I am… You get what I mean, I hope..)

I do get why you want picado there I think. I also was helped a lot when I went on the bar chord adventure you set up in the past over the months. (Really hated how much my hands hurt for months! But really needed bar chords lol. I appreciate the set up for that though. If I picked the right challenge songs I was able to get: First month had 2 strings, next had 3, next was 4, and your etudes around the same time, as well as older ones. Added to whatever I wanted to acomplish.) We got percussion and picado, some theory etudes comming, and mysterious epic songs…

I would have been on board with sound of silence probably, but I honestly didn’t want to try to convert it with two great low G options.

Anyway trying to stick as close to the arrangement as I mentally can now. This month is my 1 year. Should probably treat it more as a song anyway than an exercise in fumbling around trying to figure out how to go all classical on it. (That stuff they do) So I apologize. I needed reigning in. 💖

deadbuggy
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my version of Helen’s Theme…complete with hammer-ons rather than picado (sorry, Andrew…the fingers just don’t work all the time!), a couple of clamshells and a slight pause later in the tune where the memory failed 😉 I loved learning the tune; it’s a great arrangement!

And, just for grins, here’s a video I made last year of my progress with Danse Macabre. Happy Halloween!!

nthibode

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I started learning Helen’s Theme right when it was posted (thanks for the hint that it would be on this month’s challenge!). I really enjoyed working on it, including listening to the original on piano. Here is my Halloween-inspired video:

p.s. Yay for an early submission! Does anyone else find it hard to focus on more than one song at a time? I’ll be setting this one aside to work on something new now — maybe the Introduction to Music Theory & Jamming course.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

rickeymike
    Participant

Nat, I will only watch it once ’cause you scare me so. LOL. Great job. so atmospheric.
    BTW is that a moose on your neck or a ‘pumpkin bat’?

nthibode

Thanks Rickey! Sorry I scared WHAT’S THAT BEHIND YOU??

Alas it is but a moose.

jinajupiter
    Participant

I still like your smile Nathalie:). Nice playing also

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by jinajupiter.
    nthibode

Thanks Jina 😀

stinyuke

Great Video Nathalie! The green uke fits perfect for the song and for halloween! 🙂

lisadmh
    Participant

Great job, you early bloomers!!

I’m still going around in that one tough chord change.

Daaaammmmnnn, I finally got around to listening to the disturbed version of sound of silence. Inspiring, much?? If that doesn’t get me doing some dynamics, I don’t know what will. I have a dream.

nthibode

Thanks ladies! Looking forward to seeing your performances this month (great to have you back Christina!). Happy ukeing!

robinboyd
    Participant

Before I forget – I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hopefully this counts as a costume. We don’t really do Halloween in Australia and I don’t own any costumes.

@rickeymike
    commented that he wished there were a few more slides in this arrangement so I added some for him. Otherwise, I plucked the wrong strings a few times and there were a few unintentional pauses near the end, but I didn’t want to re-record it because I had to go out for lunch and getting changed again was too much hassle. Hakamas are a pain to put on and take off.

becky7777
    Participant

Vid is private robin.

Nathalie that was awesome lol! The teeth 😁

robinboyd
    Participant

Thanks. Fixed it

becky7777
    Participant

I’d say yes that totally counts as a costume 😁 Anything not normally worn kinda does. You could have put a pillow case over your head with some rope or tape on your arms and been a kidnap victim? Toss a bathtowel on like a cape grab a plunger and your Captain Washroom!- Just saying. Kinda normal household items. Halloween is great to get creative with. No formal costume needed. 👍

Really nice playing btw! I’ve wanted to do Sleepwalk for a while now.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 303 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.