Participate in the October 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a CUSTOM Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a CUSTOM Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    ripley
    Participant

Wow @lyndallk – that was great 🙂 I need to switch one of my ukes to low G so I can have a go at Helen’s Theme too.
    I can’t believe you made that uke, it sounds excellent! You must be so pleased 🙂

joannetala

Thank you, @rickeymike! 🙏🏽

planetfink
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.

This month has been crazy, some good (bought a house by the beach) some bad (sick dog) so not much time to play ukulele, but this marks the end of my first year on the this site and I have come so far. The fact that I can record an OK version without attempting to record it 100 times shows progress. I know it is sloppy, but I hope I got the emotion of the song. That is what I was going for.

andrewvh
    Participant

I am a premium member.

My first post here in Rockclass101, so, hello everyone. Also, my first you tube video ever.

As to the sound of silence, there’s definitely romm for improvement I hope I can show some when I have my second try.

rickeymike
    Participant

Andrew, congrats on your first post. Nice playing.

Planet, Congrats on your 1st year anniversary. You have become a Finkenstein Monster of the uke!

planetfink
    Participant

Andrew, welcome. I look forward to your one year anniversary submission next year!

Rickey, I love it. I think I will get it on a t shirt

becky7777
    Participant

Attempting to record today as long as nothing else goes wrong. (Fingers are crossed.)

Everyone’s done a fantastic job on their songs! (Loving the costumes too! You all have mine beat!)

robinboyd
    Participant

@lyndallk – Your ukulele sounds awesome! I think the low G suits it.

rickeymike
    Participant

Lyndal, you’re too harsh on yourself. I thought it was great and by taking Drew’s advice by just moving on, you certainly hid the mistakes from this listener. BTW, what is that “ring” on the neck?

lyndallk
    Participant

Thanks @ripley I’m really pleased with the uke. It was quite a journey. I posted a little more detail about it on the showcase your playing if you want to see all the gorgeousness!! 🙂

Robin I swapped it to a low G and I think that’s the right thing to do with that uke! I now have another uke that is a high G (a tenor but I sort of wish I’d bought a concert) as I broke my other one (by sitting on it – eek!)

Good points Ricky – yes moving on is good. Although I’ve been known to start again a few times when performing and frankly if its ok for Patti Smith (when Bob Dylan won the Nobel prize) then its ok for me!

I have my mother’s wedding ring around my neck, Ricky – and a star of David that was given to her when she was 14. It’s 90 years old!!!

Lyndall

tastyshrimp
    Participant

I am a premium member

I originally planned on wearing a mask for the video to be more thematic, but it made playing about twice as hard and after about 30 attempts I ended up taking it off. I really enjoyed learning this song – I think this the first time I’ve been able to play through a piece without sheet music. I also opted to use my thumb for picking/strumming in most of the song because I liked the way it sounded, but it’d be a good challenge to come back and learn the song and play strictly with 4 or 3 fingers.

nosferatu

IM AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi, so here is my try at Sound of Silence:

Still struggling with those chord changes …

turkgoose
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

https://youtu.be/fGY76dWLOc0

This is my first challenge upload here. Sound of Silence – Sorry, it’s a little bit hairy. I started trying fingerpicking songs a couple of weeks ago. Before that I pretty much only had a repertoire of C, F, G7 chord songs. I’m excited to learn new ukulele skills. 🙂

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by turkgoose.
    lyndallk
    Participant

Thought I’d have a go at Sleep Walk. It is, again, a really lovely arrangement.

Forgot where I was at the end…. but got there in the end!

ripley
    Participant

Lovely @ lyndallk 🙂 Very dream-like

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 303 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.