Participate in the October 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a CUSTOM Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a CUSTOM Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    lyndallk
    Participant

Just had a fun evening going through submissions. Good questions and advice. Wow, Sara, you had a go at Danse Macabre! I’m impressed! And Natalie I loved your submission. It was fun to see Robin’s on Facebook! I’ve been away with my hand-made-by-me ukulele which has a high G (but not for long!) but will submit one of Helen’s Theme, or Sleep Walk sometime soon. Let’s be very clear – there will be no costume!

lisadmh
    Participant

Ahh, I just tried recording Sound of Silence about 40 times and I can’t get even a remotely clean take. I have dreams of really nailing this one and making my teachers proud… Maybe next weekend it’ll be shareable, but I’m starting to squirrel to other songs. I need this one though!

@Pieching, welcome to the challenge! Great job!

ripley
    Participant

I’m in exactly the same boat @lisadmh
    I think I might have to accept that my submission is going to be significantly less clean than I had hoped. Pity I couldn’t do Stranger Things for October as I’d been practising that and was doing ok!

laurakarr12
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Indeed, The Sound of Silence is a challenge for me and I am not giving up on it.

rickeymike
    Participant

Nice going Laura. It definitely fit the theme although I never thought of it as somber back in 1969. ha.

Lisa and Rip, I think I am getting close to recording SleepWalk still need to work on memorizing. I usually practice ad nauseum then do one take unless I freeze while trying to remember what comes next. (Please Andrew, let us have the sheet music in front of us. LOL)

Andrew, strangely I am able to stretch my pinkie to the 4th fret with some ease on bar2 of the #2 alternate ending but having more trouble getting the ring on the A string 5th fret of the 4th bar of melody B…..everyone has different flexibility or just genetic limitations.

robinboyd
    Participant

Hi @rickeymike – I also have no problem with the pinky stretch at the end.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by robinboyd.
    joannetala

I’M A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Here’s my submission for the October 2019 Challenge

I did try to practice more but needed to submit it prior to my upcoming trip, because I won’t be back before the end of the month.
    Prior to the recording, I’m doing alright but the minute I start recording I really have to focus on not making mistakes. Hope it doesn’t sound too bad.😊

brettboy
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Hi Friends! Here is “Dummy Brett” playing Danse Macabre! This song is up there with Taimane’s Moon as the hardest tune I’ve ever tried to learn. I’ve spent countless hours this month grinding away at the piece and decided I was ready to hit record. I’d give this recording (my best attempt of MANY) a B+ for speed and a B- for accuracy. Huge thanks to Andrew and Evan!!! Happy Halloween everyone!

peiching
    Participant

Thank you rickeymike for the motivation!

Love this forum, you all are so encouraging! 😊

peiching
    Participant

Thank you Andrew for your tips on how o could improve my playing. You ROCK!

barbecueblack
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Dear everyone,
    I am very happy to be part of the rockclass101. Since joining, I have really noticed a big improvement in my playing and theory. Here is my October challenge song.

rickeymike
    Participant

Joanne, Well done.

Brett, Brilliant! And thank you in advance for my nightmare tonight.

Barbe, another great rendition.

ripley
    Participant

These submissions are all so good 🙂

I like your decorations Laura!

Brett – I’m super-impressed that you managed to maintain your character whilst playing that complex song! Very creepy (in a good way).

lyndallk
    Participant

Go Brett! I’m not even attempting it this month. I like all the Sounds of Silence recently

Here’s my Helen’s Theme. Such a lovely arrangement. A few mistakes! Oh well. Life is full of mistakes!

I am a premium member

PS not meaning to go on about it – but this is the ukulele a made! 🙂

jinajupiter
    Participant

Wow Brett, me too working on Danse Macabre.
    I ordered a prop by mail, but still waiting for it.
    I don’t get any clarity out of these high notes,
    You hardly hear the hammer ons and pull offs.
    It sounds nice and clear with you.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by jinajupiter.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 303 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.