Participate in the October 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 194 total)
  • Author
    zongozongo

Hi Andrew. Sacrimos for me. I am PREMIUM member.
    It’s not polished at all yet. Time was lacking 🙁

jgillard
    Participant

Here is my submission for this challenge: “Fingerpicking Etude no. 31” by Rock Class 101
    Premium Member – The audio is not the best on this. I’ll fix that for next time.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by jgillard.
    terryfallon3
    Participant

Happy Halloween all,

I am a Premium Member…

who has been studying Etude No 38.
    Great comp Christopher, from one Philly guy to another. Especially that Cmaj7#11.
    Go Phils!

ldarrow
    Participant

thank you @andrew. I think you really captured the sounds of Halloween with these melodies. I only hit that harmonic about 50% of the time. Stopped and restarted my recordings several times at that point and finally decide to just play through. I usually try to record when the house is empty; thus, being the only one in the house, Sophie, my dog is typically near me when I record. Most of the time nearby making chaos and distracting me (she is still young at a little over a year). This time she was actually pretty calm. Happy Halloween to all!!!!!!

debb1985

@jbmills07 thanks for the feedback!

biancak
    Participant

I am a premium member
    My hobbies are incompatible 🙁 Cracked bones in 2 fingers on the left hand a month ago while street skating. Crossed off a few notes upfront, plus missed a few during playing, and scrapped vibratos but here it is…
    Definitely a keeper for further practice! Great arrangement, thanks.

olemartin
    Participant

Hi,

I am a premium member.

I decided to go for Lacrimosa this month. The piece has grown on me during practice, and I really wish I had more time to get it tighter and more fluent.

Anyhow, here it is, with a couple of pumpkins and a candle trying to compensate for the hickups 🎃🎃🕯️

Ole Martin

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by olemartin.
    leb397
    Participant

Happy Halloween Uke friends. So impressed by entries and the struggles we all battle. BUT broken, smashed fingers get extra kudos and then there are the distractions of cats, dogs, birds. I just love it. Thank you @andrew for the challenge. Louisa

richo_uke
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

… and I‘m very happy that I can share my HAUNTED UKE video. I am sure that my playing is better if the camera doesn‘t point at me but this is a good challenge for me. The other challenge was playing with a backing track as this means that I have to play in time. It was very helpful that you, Andrew chose a melody with a slow tempo. So, thank you very much, Andrew and congrats to all October participants who struggle like me… WE‘VE MADE IT…

pika80019
    Participant

I’m a premium member

Hello every one, happy Halloween!

I choose Fingerpicking Etude no. 31: “Campanella”
    as my challenge song. I want and I will win this cool Uke!!!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by pika80019.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Friendly Reminder – The deadline for receiving feedback and an entry into the giveaway is tonight at 11:59 PM EST (check your local time zone).

mrskye

My attempt sorry that I’m a little late

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by mrskye.
    k_ra11
    Participant

**I’M A PREMIUM MEMBER**

I had fun with this challenge! I’m a huge Stranger Things fan and had a blast learning this. I also really enjoyed listening to everyone’s submissions and seeing all of the passion for ukulele’s out there. Nice work everyone!

I’m finding that I’m never great when I try to record myself…so there’s a few mistakes, but had a blast anyway!

Thanks Andrew, for another great challenge!

mueleski
    Participant

Hi, hope I’m doing this right. Anyhow, Found this challenging, seems no matter how long you practice when actually recording, I was all thumbs. This was my best take, and I was running out of time. Not set up to record video and audio at the same time yet, so made the video with some AI pictures I did on Midjourney.
    This was fun and challenging. I am a premium member.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by mueleski.
    santai
    Participant

Happy Halloween, everybody! 🙂

I am a premium member.

…and here’s my go at Stranger Things. Loving this arrangement and am definitely not doing it enough justice. ^^;

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by santai.
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 194 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.