Official RC101 Song Request List

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Official RC101 Song Request List

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 553 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

It is 🙂 Thanks for requesting it!

ambera

How about: Wish you were here, Pink Floyd

robinboyd
    Participant

I second Wish You Were Here. I’ve done a version before, but I imagine Andrew could spice it up a whole lot.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by robinboyd.
    curlyuke
    Participant

Hi
    I’d love You’re So Cool by Hans Zimmer aka the theme tune to True Romance and the original Badlands. I have found tab online but a lesson would definitely benefit me!

Okay, I’m sure someone has requested these, but there are too many to read through so my requests would be…

Smells Like Teen Spirit (or any Nirvana)
    Somebody That I Used To Know
    Africa

Oh, also Jewel Hands or Down So Long

miztaken
    Participant

Katrina and the Waves: Walking on Sunshine.

miztaken
    Participant

An Australian Classic: The Hoodoo Gurus – What’s My Scene?

miztaken
    Participant

Or THE Australian Poet: PAUL KELLY – To Her Door.

I would sooo love a finger style version (instead of strumming it wildly, like I do now).
    It is a song with great layers, and I am so sure you could do it justice.

olphart
    Participant

I ran into “Sunrise Sunset” done in Dm, found tabs in Am, then noodled around in both. It sounds lovely strummed and/or fingerpicked. The chord changes are easy, even for my arthritic fingers, though the Dm version has that dreaded “E” chord.
    It seems that it would be a wonderful beginner or intermediate level lesson, especially if given that “Andrew touch”.
    In any case I plan to make it one of my own.

https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?136567-Sunrise-Sunset-(from-quot-Fiddler-on-the-Roof-quot-)

robinboyd
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

I was just thinking how nice it would be to do a vocal arrangement of Blackbird by the Beatles now that you have Katie here helping you out. The trouble with most of the versions I can find online is that they are just chords and I’d really like to give it some pizzazz.

Robin

Andrew
    Keymaster

I definitely want to do that one, Robin! Next year I think we’ll start having some votes on request that have come in, the list is just too big at this point.

malachi

Listen to the song rise by Jonas blues. I think that would be just spectacular. A lesson on that would be amazing👌.

laurasil
    Participant

Yes! Wish you were here, or High Hopes (also by Pink Floyd). I think that one would be fun!! Also Crazy little thing called love

lisadmh
    Participant

I request something by AC/DC in level 2 or lower. My wild fan is begging you.

He got me a book but it’s all strum strum strum and I can’t do anything with it.

Thanks for considering!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 553 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.