Andrew

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 4,195 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Andrew
    Keymaster

    @rafaela – That was amazing! Bravo on the solo! All the parts were very well played! 👏


    @leb397
    – Fantastic take, Louisa! Great job showcasing all of the variations 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @joe150 – Great strumming, Joe! The first time through felt a little rushed, try playing along with me in the tab player. That’ll help you with pacing.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @mroman99x – Thank you so much for your support Mary! I really appreciate it 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @marianne – That was awesome! Great feel and well done on the rhythm and timing! Keep up the excellent work, Marianne!


    @mark1256
    – Excellent job on the rhythm, Mark! You were nicely locked into the groove. The only thing I’d recommend working on is the vamp. I want to hear that locked in a little tighter. Try looping those bars in the tab player. Sing it first “da da dahhh” (X4), then play it.

    @mroman99x – Well done Mary! I thought you did a great job showcasing the rhythmic variations. There are two techniques I would suggest working on. The first is #3 — quarter note triplet strums. Playing quarter note triplets is tough! This lesson by Christopher from our Strumming Techniques Course teaches and explains the rhythm.

    Once you have a grasp of it, you want to add a little bit of rubato to slow it down to give it a drawn out effect.

    The second is #6 — rasgueado. I cover this strumming technique in this flamenco lesson. And Matt did too in this lesson from our Next Level Strumming Course.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @johanna2509 – Very nice touch on the rubato section! Well done demonstrating each technique and stylistic change! My only comment is to practice the transition going into the rhythm changes (bar 12 into 13) so the tempo stays steady.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @rgillof – Playing was great! You nailed the feel and rhythm the second time through when you added the chunk. The first time through, you changed the rhythm giving it more of a straight, less syncopated feel. Try counting and clapping the rhythm:

    For the ending lick, try to pluck the 1st fret on C right after the last strum. That note falls on the & of 1. Tricky b/c it happens so quick after the strum on 1.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @billypancakes – Excellent first post! Great playing, Will!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @The_Bumble_Bard – Try muting the strings with your left hand and playing the XXXX’s as muted strums.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @gstriph – Excellent playing, Jerry! Only tip I have is to pluck the 1st fret on C on the & of 1 instead of beat 2. Holding that note for a dotted quarter gives it that cliche jazzy-rhythmic ending sound 🙂

    in reply to: Hello from Ukraine #57419
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, Marina! Happy to have you here 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    No adjustments needed, Jody! The only difference is that you’ll be playing in a different key. Unfortunately, that does make it unideal when playing along with the tab player or following along in the lesson.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Wow! 78 members joined us for this month’s challenge! I was BLOWN AWAY by how amazing everyone did! Big round of applause to everyone who participated this month. 🙂

    Our May Challenge is LIVE and the theme is Funk Songs! I hope each of you join us again.

    Below, I will post a list of members who participated in the April challenge for your first chance to win the Kanile’a Ukulele. Please let me know if there are any discrepancies.

    —-

    jgillard
    jgillard
    rebeca
    rebeca
    rafaela
    rafaela
    clempek
    clempek
    deadbuggy
    deadbuggy
    robinl
    jbmills07
    jbmills07
    otzepeng
    katazumiri
    katazumiri
    ldarrow
    ldarrow
    gi_gi_
    gi_gi_
    joannetala
    joannetala
    The_Bumble_Bard
    The_Bumble_Bard
    anyon1
    anyon1
    ccwuke
    ccwuke
    patdrehu
    patdrehu
    shmu88
    shmu88
    joe150
    joe150
    gstriph
    gstriph
    marlongas
    marlongas
    selfrazor
    barbecueblack
    barbecueblack
    riffyk
    riffyk
    mark1256
    mark1256
    brettboy
    brettboy
    omaon4
    omaon4
    robinboyd
    robinboyd
    johanna2509
    johanna2509
    bibilele
    bibilele
    leslieb
    leslieb
    mepasha
    mepasha
    lhamilton
    lhamilton
    lbilkie
    lbilkie
    lmdlinda
    dorabr
    ucolele
    richo_uke
    richo_uke
    coffeemug
    coffeemug
    karenj
    karenj
    richard_siegert
    richard_siegert
    smokealot
    smokealot
    jody_hendrickson
    jody_hendrickson
    nishant
    nishant
    concan
    concan
    tim0721
    tim0721
    leb397
    leb397
    ukulelee
    ukulelee
    misterbones
    misterbones
    moonshoes
    moonshoes
    lynnzo
    lynnzo
    annemarie
    annemarie
    peiching
    morrieuke1
    morrieuke1
    ksapp92
    ksapp92
    zongozongo
    zongozongo
    casadot349
    casadot349
    dianna
    dianna
    kdeacon7
    kdeacon7
    nelsonlin2021
    nelsonlin2021
    denisedistefano
    denisedistefano
    brightwing
    yukalele
    yukalele
    suekulele
    suekulele
    sarahmusic
    sarahmusic
    rmatos
    jebergeron
    jebergeron
    dividedsky
    dividedsky
    janaq1
    janaq1
    riley_ukulele
    riley_ukulele
    maryjanew
    maryjanew
    cimarronsailor
    cimarronsailor
    blairo91
    blairo91
    kidelozzi
    kidelozzi
    ukukelley1
    ukukelley1
    sarahd
    sarahd
    lyndallk
    lyndallk
    qiuyan
    qiuyan

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @sarahmusic – Great pacing and feel! Love the ambience too 🙂


    @rmatos
    – Bravo! Incredible take!! 👏


    @jebergeron
    – Performance was great! I only have a couple suggestions. For the 3 bar Breakdown, try to keep it at the same tempo as the A Melody as opposed to speeding it up. That should make the transition smoother into the B Melody.

    Try the fingering I used for the E5 stretch chords in bar 28/29. It might make it easier to play, especially the phrase in bar 29.


    @dividedsky
    – Excellent job, Jane! You showcased the distinct feels between both sections very well!


    @janaq1
    – Wow! That was awesome, Jana! Your playing has so much expression and emotion in it! I can hear what you said about uncertainty in some of the passages. So at this point, I’d recommend playing along in the tab player, one section at a time, to help smooth out those phrases and rhythm. Keep up the great work! This was a very impressive performance!


    @riley_ukulele
    – Beautifully played!


    @maryjanew
    – Fantastic performance, MJ! One of the best I’ve heard from you to date! Love the 2nd take too! Keep working on building speed, but try a more gradual step up from the 1st take.

    Also, check out the index finger barre chord tip I left for @ksapp92 in this post.


    @cimarronsailor
    – Wonderfully played, well done!


    @blairo91
    – Bravo! I can’t believe this is only your second tune! Keep doing what you’re doing, it’s working!!


    @kidelozzi
    – Bravo Steve! You perfectly captured the vibe of the piece! Very well played and TY so much for the kind words 🙂


    @ukukelley1
    – Great playing, Sheryl! At this point, I’d recommend memorizing it and building speed for the second go around.


    @sarahd
    – Beautifully played! Well done!


    @lyndallk
    – Great playing as always, Lyndall! Sounds like another day or 2 of practice is all you need to smooth it out even more.


    @qiuyan
    – Well done! Great job showcasing the distinct feels between both sections!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @denisedistefano – Incredible for 3 months! Keep doing what you’re doing, it’s obv working! Couple tips. I like the roll technique. Looks and sounds great! But try to do it more sparingly. If you watch Steven’s take, he does it every other bar, on the first chord hit, in measures 1 – 8. Then for 9 – 16, he doesn’t do it much. It’s one of those techniques where less is more and doing it less often makes it that much more special when used.

    Second, when the song picks up speed, try to relax your right hand. It looks like you have some tension when fingerpicking. We want to aim for 100% relaxed/no tension.


    @brightwing
    – Performance sounded great! Well done!


    @yukalele
    – Great playing David! Only advice I have is to continue working on building speed w/ a focus on clarity and timing. And LOL @ 31.5 😂


    @suekulele
    – Beautiful playing Sue! And your uke sounds amazing! 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Friendly Reminder – The deadline for receiving feedback and an entry into the giveaway is tonight at 11:59 PM EDT (check your local time zone).

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 4,195 total)