Participate in the April 2018 Member Challenge – Fingerpicking Themed!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2018 Member Challenge – Fingerpicking Themed!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 112 total)
  • Author

Thank you, and I believe that people aren’t born with talent but of work. If Jake Shimabukuro never picked up the ukulele and trained before he releases his first video at the age of 30, then he wouldn’t be recognized for his talent. He had a choice and he worked on it. What would your choice be?
    So work hard, and believe in yourself.
    “Remember your always better than someone, but someone is better than you.”
    P.S Quote from my mum 🙂

(No swearing is including) #### this prize since I research the history of Andrew Hardel, and how he brought this community together. It’s amazing how he became a teacher to inspire many other people, but what caught my eye was that there was this September challenge a long time back and the prize was a 1 on 1 skype lesson. Man, I wish I would have participated. Plus I also NEED to learn how to practice. What should I study more Prac, or Theory? Or what should I do first in theory? Man, music is more complicated than this computer I’m typing from, and I’m dedicated to learning it all. But what should I study, how long should I study for this topic, should I spend at least about ___ minutes for this, or should I move on? Because a detailed plan is hard to make and school holidays is next week! 😀 (More learning time)

So how did you guys start learning the complicity of music? I really need guidance, because starting as a future awesomeness is so complicated and I bet you’ve experienced this when you started playing, thanks 🙂

abaluyot
    Participant

Hi there –

For the contest, do we need to do the following form for the Finger Picking & Strumming piece?

Melody A x2
    Melody B x4
    Melody A x2
    Melody B x4
    Melody C (repeated w/ variation on 2nd time)
    Melody A
    Outro

Thanks!

a

pup123
    Participant

As I practice Fingerpicking Etude #11, I think I’ve noticed that if a bar chord doesn’t sound good, I don’t always have to press harder but if I just move my pressure closer to the fret, that cleans it up. Does that make sense?

Does anyone else have tips or techniques that help with bar chords?

lisadmh
    Participant

Not me pup. I squeeze and wiggle and slide every which way but the E string is always dead. Glad you figured out something that works for you. I’ll be watching for more suggestions.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hey Pup, it’s always easier to get a cleaner sound closer to the fret, but not directly on top of it. Here’s some more tips on left hand form for barre chords in this lesson from our beginner’s course.

Andrew
    Keymaster

abaluyot, Yes please play the entire piece.

Gaby
    Participant

I’m practicing Daydreaming and i really like the challenge to “have to” learn a piece in a certain amount of time. What i didnt expect was, how hard it would be :p its not like i’m not getting there (i think). I mean, i have made progress with the song, but it has never before taken me this long to learn a piece – and i’m not even able to play it from start to finish at a reasonable tempo or without mistakes yet.

Also i found that some notes are easier for me, if i play Them differently from the chart. Still the same notes, but on different strings.. I hope that is okay? I dont know if these exercises are meant to be done “the easy” way.

But its really a fun way to learn either way 🙂 and i hope i will be able to put the whole song together soon 🙂

abaluyot
    Participant

nice jobs< awesomestrings!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Totally fine gahanby!

tessa84

Still working on daydreaming, I’m having problems with the pull offs on that bar chord. I think part of my problem is I just recently got a job after years of being a stay at home mom and my first week there I injured my hand. Practicing that bar chord section hurts a little.

nikkshit

Here is my take on the Etude no. 11
    This piece is so much fun 🙂

Gaby
    Participant

I’m really impressed by all of you! 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

Tessa, I would take it easy on that finger for the time being. Here is an easier way to play that phrase:

null

Andrew
    Keymaster

Daðason, fantastic job! I shared this on our Facebook page 🙂 here is a short video with a few tips for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.