Participate in the April 2018 Member Challenge – Fingerpicking Themed!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2018 Member Challenge – Fingerpicking Themed!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    karenj
    Participant

Here’s my Fingerpicking and Strumming. There are still lots of mistakes and pauses, but it is the best of my million takes (or maybe it just seemed like that many takes). Thanks for the lessons. I do think I am making some slow but steady progress.

Karen

kmelton
    Participant

Here’s my entry for the April challenge:

Fun song, Andrew! Like it the more I play it. Looking forward to your feedback so I can really nail this. Perhaps I have bad form on my bar cords, or just fatigue, but I’m having to switch to a stock G cord on the triplet strum to really get the notes to ring out.

Looking forward to learning all three songs this month. All very catchy and worth having in the repertoire.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by kmelton.
    marni11

I have a question about the song, “Day Dreaming” I can’t seem to get the rhythm right on the the triplet strum. Do you have any tips?

Andrew
    Keymaster

marni11, check out this video lesson for help on 8th note triplet rhythm 🙂

marni11

Thanks, that helped a lot!

Gaby
    Participant

Thank you so much for your feedback, I really appreciate it! I think I know what you mean. I will look into that and try to work on it 🙂

kayleighb

I’m back!

It’s not perfect by any means, and not quite 100% speed but getting closer.

Melody C didn’t half give me some grief. Transitioning from the partial barre back to the G was super tricky for me for some reason!

ukulelelady
    Participant

🙂 sorry for the bad video. ive been playing for about 7 or 8 months so im coming along with the fingerpicking lol thanks so much for this opportunity!!

I’m back from somewhere, nice job guys, you guys nailed the pieces you played. Plus I think the lighting round thumbnail could be way cooler if you were finger shooting the lighting like a cowboy or something. Just saying 🙂

First time I’m participating 🙂

Best Regards,
    Felix

cheick

Hi this is my post for April challenge. Andrew I swear I worked a lot, not totally good learning but I’ve done it. That’s not perfect, can it be ? No…I don’t remember if I thanked you for the feedback you gave me on showcase. I hope to win the banjo and bring blue grass spirit here in France 😂. Thanks for this fingerpicking I had a real pleasure to learn it…

ericaua
    Participant

My attempt is here:

I’m still struggling with bar chords and also with the rhythm. However, I’ll keep practicing. I also noticed that I’m playing better and making less mistakes when I’m not recording it. When I push the record button my hands start shaking and fingers soften somehow 🙂

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by ericaua.
    immsy6
    Participant

I decided to join last minute, because why not! Still rusty and not fully memorised, hence the improvisation towards the end haha, but I look forward to hearing your feedback!

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by immsy6.
    • This reply was modified 6 years ago by immsy6.
    kellyblackburn
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    I don’t know if I did this right, but here is a link to my Soundcloud upload.
    Please let me know if it worked.
    Thanks,
    Kelly

marni11

Here is the link to my entry. I hope I sent it in right, if not let me know so I can fix it before the 30th. I uploaded it on You-Tube myself so I hope that worked!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.