Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 345 total)
  • Author
    ukulelemaster3000
    Participant

First time learning a song on a Uke.

Enjoy the greatest rendition of Day O on ukulele possibly ever.

hotshot
    Participant

Here is my video. Thanks for letting me participate in the giveaway.

nitsur
    Participant

This is the best I could get, for some reason the camera suddenly makes me way worse than without the camera…(shrug)
    I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

bzediver

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    It’s been a while since the last time I posted to the monthly challenge. I have watched quite a few of them and I am always impressed by everyone’s posts
    I hope everyone is healthy and staying safe.

uku_on
    Participant

I am a premium member.
    OKAY so this song is very difficult and I have no idea how to produce music in a way that makes sense.
    Each ukulele part is a little flawed and very hard to get a perfect take atm. I also had a lot of trouble trying to line up the parts so the timing worked. I rushed in some parts and dragged in others but not in time with myself oops. I am going to make this my submission but still consider a progress to Bodysurfing because I do still intend to master this song. Okay rant over.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@hotshot – your video is set to private. Can you change it to public?

emiliano
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Greetings from Mexico, been a member since december cause I loved toss a coin to your witcher lesson, first time posting on the monthly challenge, good luck to everyone.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by emiliano.
    jinajupiter
    Participant

Yihaaa, I found a nice cha cha on YouTube and I added keyboard bass and organ. I actually wanted to play UkeBass, but I didn’t have enough time before the deadline.
    I had a marathon of 4 full days to learn and record the song, and am not satisfied so I will improve this song and rerecord plus UkeBass in the future. It was anyway lots of fun to learn, Evan is amazing!

shmu88
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my very last minute attempt at Day-O. Sorry for the many errors, I literally learned that song in the last hour because I’m so last minute for the challenge!

It is also my first ever post/participation as I am a recent member, so I want to take this opportunity to tell all of you guys from RockClass 101 THANK YOU for all the great videos! I really enjoy the teaching by all the staff, good job! 🙂

Sam

puppylovesuke
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

My attempt at “Hone A Ka Wai” by Ernest Ka’ai

Stephen

Here’s everyone on page 15:

dal08260 – Great job on this one! You’ve got the notes down, and your tempo is very steady through most of the song! I hear a tiny bit of buzzing in between notes. I think this is caused by your right hand cutting the notes off while preparing for the next plucks. Try to wait longer before moving your fingers into the vibration path of the strings, and move a bit quicker to avoid the strings making this sound. If it’s not from the right hand, check the left hand. Keep up the good work!

rustypal – Very nicely done! You have the notes, rhythm, and harmonics all up to a wonderful level! Now it’s time to go back in and add tempo/volume swells into each phrase to add a little bit of style and emotion to the piece. You are doing an excellent job, very well played!

givingtree89 – You’re doing an awesome job on the triplet strum! You played this song very well! My main advice is just to strum a little bit lighter on the downbeats on the last section of the song to keep it feeling a bit more relaxed…as this kind of balances out the triplet strum feel of the first sections of the song. Great playing, and keep up the great work on these techniques, you’re doing very well!

tiff27 – You’re off to an excellent start on this one! I think measure 9-15 and the very ending are super tricky! It may take breaking this into two parts (measure 9-10 and then measures 13-15) to isolate and memorize these sections, but you’re on the right track! This is great for your entry, but if you can spend just a bit more time memorizing it at a slow and steady tempo, you will have it performance ready in no time. Great job, keep up the good work!

smokealot – Very good job on everything…now it’s just time to hone the triplet strum! It’s a bit tricky, so make sure to practice each individual motion at a super slow speed and very gradually speed up over a week of practice. Make sure to only speed the tempo up when you have mastered the strums with clarity at the initial tempo. You’re doing great, keep it up!

iyers408 – This is excellent, you are playing it great at this tempo! You’re ready to speed up the tempo slightly and add the volume and tempo swells into each phrase. Wonderful job, keep it up!

coffeemug – You’re doing great on the triplet strum, it’s not easy! You’re 99% of the way there, just a tiny bit of practice to work out those hesitations and you’re there! Great job on this!

kayleighb – You’re off to a great start! Your timing is great on the sections you are most familiar with! I recommend playing at this speed or slightly slower with a metronome to help break the habit of starting over phrases when you make a mistake. It’s a great skill to have if you ever decide to jam with other players, as they will most likely not stop with you! We all make mistakes, and continuing through them draws less attention to them, where as playing them a second time points out the hesitation/mistake. You’re doing great, keep it up!

lisotta – You’re doing very well on this one! The triplet strum is hard, but you are on the right track. I would play a bit slower to try to get all three strums evenly spaced on each triplet strum and to help with clarity of each strum as well. On the last section of the song, you are hesitating when transitioning between the strums and the fingerpicking. Try playing this part a bit slower with a metronome to stay in time. Keep up the great work!

mark1256 – This is great for your first time recording your performance! You have a great sound, and you are playing the notes right. I recommend playing the whole song a bit slower with a metronome to keep the laid back feel of the song and to help stay in time. Swaying to the rhythm can also help. Once you get the timing and steady pulse down, you’ve got the song down! Great job!

johnnyrotten

ok boomer question – my video is WAY more than 4MB. I filmed using my iPhoneX. How do I make the file size smaller? Right now it’s 67MB

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by zerratheterra.
    ronnieg

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

I’ve been lurking for awhile, and I kept putting a challenge entry off…until now.

Almost had it until my mind wandered at the end. Room to grow, right?

Andrew
    Keymaster

@johnnyrotten – please upload it to YouTube. You can make an account for free. Copy the URL and share it here. Simply post the link in its own line:

YouTube Link

@zerratheterra
    – your posts are blank – no video or audio.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 345 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.