Participate in the August 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Bamboo Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the August 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Bamboo Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    jody_hendrickson
    Participant

This is my first ever member challenge submission since joining in February. I really enjoyed learning Fingerpicking Etude #5 and look forward to getting it up to speed.

I am a premium member.

lisadmh
    Participant

I really tried to get this up to speed but I just can’t do it. It sounds great at full speed. I did my best!

lynnzo
    Participant

I am a premium member.
    This is my August submission of Fingerpicking Etude no.13

johanna2509
    Participant

Hey, here is another Fingerpicking Etude no. 5. Such a nice original tune. I also started learning “Hope”, another original, and I absolutely love it!

lalo_eer
    Participant

Etude No 5 with ukulele resonator concerto

Andrew
    Keymaster

@morrieuke1 – I’d say you definitely succeeded especially in regards to pace and clarity. The new take is much more polished. Excellent work!

@leslieb
    – Beautiful playing, Leslie! At this point, what I’d like you to do is to take four bar sections and loop them. Focus on timing (keeping it steady). When you feel comfortable, start to piece it together.

@mac1984
    – Excellent playing! The only suggestion I have is to target your practice on nailing the picking pattern each time in Melody B.

@olemartin
    – Beautifully played πŸ™‚

@jbmills07
    – I really dig the rhythm change you threw in in the second half of Melody A. Excellent playing overall!

@jody_hendrickson
    – What a fantastic first entry performance! I’m looking forward to watching more from you πŸ™‚

@lisadmh
    – Great feel throughout and I like the slower tempo. Gives it a more lullaby-like quality πŸ™‚

@lynnzo
    – Great playing! Note clarity sounds great! I’d suggest working on transitions to eliminate pauses between sections. Also, double-check the music in bars 9 & 10.

@johanna2509
    – Beautiful playing and thank you for the kind words on my other original πŸ™‚

@lalo_eer
    – Gorgeous tone on that instrument! Excellent performance!

morrieuke1
    Participant

Thanks @Andrew, I’m looking forward to the fall challenges!!

mark65536
    Participant

Hi all – I’ve enjoyed the great versions of Explorer this month, here’s my contribution. I read Andrew’s excellent Ultimate Guide to Recording Ukulele and, although I’ve tried not to go overboard with PowerDirector, I am a bit like a kid with a new toy… πŸ™‚

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

Okay, Steven Spielberg, I mean, @Mark65536… πŸ˜…

That was really amazing! I feel like that guide might be worth watching………. 😳

Andrew
    Keymaster

@mark65536 – Wow! The visuals nailed the vibe. Truly incredible to watch and I am honored to have my music represented in such a well thought-out way. Thank you, Mark πŸ™‚

jbmills07
    Participant

Thank you @Andrew!

lynnzo
    Participant

Thanks for the input Andrew,
    Oops, I see what I did there on measure 9 and 10. Also somehow my fingers always want to pause between sections even though I know I shouldn’t. I’ll work on that.

ldarrow
    Participant

@andrew thank for the tips. I have been trying to work on my pulling issues. i’ve gotten a little better. I THINK it is related to me just pressing really hard and the more tense i get the worse it gets. I have been trying to play some things slowly and try to figure out just how hard/lightly i need to press to get a good sound in hopes that will help with the pulling ( but the faster i play–and more nervous i get, the more tense I get. when i make my recordings it is sometimes as if I am strangling the instrument)– I will continue to work on this. i think in time, with practice, i can get there.

jbmills07
    Participant

@jedart I can totally relate to playing better with the camera off! Keep up the good work!

mark65536
    Participant

Thanks @The_Bumble_Bard, yes, lots of useful info in that article.

Thanks @Andrew, it’s a great piece and I really enjoyed learning it.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.