Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 308 total)
  • Author
    jinajupiter
    Participant

Yes nice singing Sue!

Stephen

robinboyd – I love the soothing sound of the waterfall! You played this one really well and with a great feel! Nicely done! I’ve noticed that people often like to stop and listen. Thank you for your entry!

laurasil – Very well played! I love this melody, and you got the feel just right! Wonderful playing! Thank you for your entry!

brenna – I love that intro you added! I think you chose not to swing the rhythm like Matt did since the intro was in straight time, but I like the choice! I think the Coda was the only part that might use a little work: the main thing I noticed is that right before shifting to the upper frets on the neck, you missed one note by looking ahead too soon. Just practice not getting too far ahead of yourself, and you’ve got this one! Great work, and happy holidays! Thank you for entering the challenge!

jedart – You are off to a wonderful start! You are doing a great job getting the notes to ring out cleanly and shifting in most spots! With a slight bit more memorizing, you’ve got it! In Matt’s version, he chose to swing the rhythm, but it sounds great straight or swung. I recommend giving the swing 8th notes a shot for fun! Way to go, not bad at all for one week! Thank you for joining the challenge!

suesbarn – I’m so glad the directions were a bit misleading, your voice is great on this one! I can see how that note look like it applied to all of the songs instead of Blue Christmas only. My only suggestion for you is for if you just play the piece without singing: Try to get a very smooth and flowing sound with the ukulele, making sure to let the notes ring out for the full length on every note and chord. Also, Andrew adds some nice nuance and embellishments with the right hand that you can add as well. Well played, and great singing! Thank you for your entry!

nosferatu – Great work on this one! I think there are only a couple of spots to work on the timing: mainly on the transition from measure 4 to 5, try not to hesitate. If you get this down, and a few similar spots, then the song will flow even more naturally! You have a great tone and sound on your ukulele, so you are 90% the way there already! Thank you for entering the challenge!

robinboyd
    Participant

Thanks @Stephen. I suspect the reason people often stop and listen to you is because you are really good. I’m not quite there yet.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by robinboyd.
    surfnrz

This was a blast to learn. Such a fun tune! Awesome solo Andrew and Katie wonderful lesson, I love your voice! Happy Holidays everyone! Don’t forget to donate to the ukulele kids club, I did. I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

rickeymike
    Participant

You’ve been holding out on us, Elvis. Whoops, I mean, Surfn. Bravo!!!!!!

surfnrz

Thanks so much Rickey!

kanae926
    Participant

@surfnrz – total rock star! ⭐️🤘🏻🎤🎸🎶 That was awesome! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

samash07
    Participant

Loving the entries so far! Sadly I just got back into playing the Ukulele after a long break, maybe one day I’ll be good enough to participate. Good luck to all of the entrants.

ripley
    Participant

That was brilliant @surfnrz!

robinboyd
    Participant

Awesome @surfnrz. I’m a fan!

becky7777
    Participant

@samash07 – Please don’t feel you have to be at a certain level of skill. That’s not the point of the challenges.

I can only speak for myself, but I do them to have fun, learn stuff, keep motivated to play something and post by a deadline. And get advice to get better. (The most important thing)

Heck, I jumped in these challenges my first week of playing ukulele. I try to execute my feedback from my performance every month. It’s helping me so much. Just don’t ever compare yourself to anyone. We’re all just students learning at our own pace. 😁 So join in if you want! Try to keep it fun for you. No one’s judging anyone, I learn from everyone and i’m grateful for that

becky7777
    Participant

@ robin – People stopped to listen because you captured a moment in a pretty place that you were all enjoying. Then you set it to music that YOU decided to share, and they decided to come listen to. They wouldn’t have had that otherwise. 💖

samash07
    Participant

@becky7777 wow, those were some really kind and thought provoking words. I’ll see how much I can learn in these next 10 days. Thanks.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by samash07.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@samash07 – Please do join us 🙂

surfnrz – That was awesome, Ray! Love the slight Elvis and even country twang in your vocals. Nice job on the solo, too! Gonna share your performance today on our social 🙂

nthibode

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I won’t be having a Blue Christmas, but I thought I’d sing about it anyways. Fantastic work everyone (what a tough act to follow, @surfnrz)! @becky7777 you’re totally right; uke on @samash07 — there’s nothing to lose. @robinboyd, here’s a contrast to your lovely tropical backgrounds:

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 308 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.