Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 308 total)
  • Author
    surfnrz

@nthibode, that was absolutely fantastic! Awesome vocals! I love the green outdoor uke with the snow in the background!

brettboy
    Participant

Hi Uke-Stars!
    Premium member here. This month I learned Blue Christmas! Here’s a little bedroom recording of me singing and strumming! Also, I just paypal-ed $20 to Ukulele Kids Club. Happy Holidays everyone!

surfnrz

Thanks @kanae926, @ripley, @robinboyd and @nthibode for the kind comments. I’m really enjoying everyone’s efforts this month!

surfnrz

Thanks Andrew for the very nice feedback!

rickeymike
    Participant

We need a duet with Kris and Barbara. So nice, Nat. Love the snow falling. I only get to see snow at my window once every 10 years or more. Hey, I’ve seen the green uke before but with the light from the window, I can see your thumb through the neck. Is it made of colored glass? Don’t burst my bubble by saying it is see through plastic. LOL

rickeymike
    Participant

Wow! I wrote the above before I saw Brett’s. Another fantastic performance. I so admire the effort that you put into the video. We can now have a trio. By the way, when Brett started that first line of the lyric, I thought I was seeing our RockClass contributor, Christopher!

johanna2509
    Participant

So many great Blue Christmas submissions! I wish I could sing half as good as you do.

surfnrz

@brettboy love it! Great job! The lighting and editing is so cool!

kanae926
    Participant

Wow, Nathalie! What a great contrast take to Ray’s performance, but equally enjoyable with a different feel. I love how relaxed it was…sounded bluesy. 👍🏻

Andrew
    Keymaster

nthibode – Wow! what a backdrop 🙂 I loved your performance. Rhythm has the right feel with the staccato-y hits and great job on the lead and vocal!

brettboy – That was awesome! I always enjoy your montage vids 🙂 With the solo, make sure you start on beat 2; you started on 1 which put you a beat ahead on most of the licks. But overall, super fun to watch!

isabelm
    Participant

Really enjoying watching everyone’s submissions!!! I finally had time to practice this piece enough to memorize it! Here’s “Greensleeves,” recorded with my new Rode video micro, a very cool and portable mic that plugs into my phone.

I am a Premium Member.

nthibode

Thanks Andrew, Ray, Rickey, Johanna, and Kani! I am so fond of this community, these challenges, and the things I learn from it all.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful holiday season, filled with all the things you love most. Best wishes from wintry Ontario, Canada!

$50 from our family to The Ukulele Kids Club — thanks Andrew for organizing this.

joe150
    Participant

I am a premium member

rickeymike
    Participant

Merry Christmas Joe! Keep it up! You are progressing nicely. It was hard to hear and it sounded like the TV was on somewhere(I’ve done that a few times). I think you are recording too far away. Is there a bar stool or step ladder or something that you could set the camera on and get it closer to you. That’s what I usually do and I have better luck getting the microphone closer to my uke. Best wishes for the New Year.

rickeymike
    Participant

Isabel, beautifully done and such a festive tree background. Merry Christmas.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 308 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.