Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 308 total)
  • Author
    morrieuke1
    Participant

I am a premium member, and I donated to Ukulele Club for kids – It makes me happy to donate to such a wonderful cause 🙂 Happy Holidays to my RC101 friends!

rickeymike
    Participant

Wow, Morrie. What a great sound and rendition.

morrieuke1
    Participant

Thanks, Rickeymike! It’s a fun arrangement from Matt!

karenj
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s m December submission. I challenged myself by playing it on a 8 string Tenor which was trickier than I thought. I am not used to the tenor size, not to mention the extra strings which added extra buzz. And then there is the instant tension once I hit record. I love seeing everyone’s submissions and hope some day to play in a more relaxed, smooth way. In the meantime, this is the best of my zillion takes.

I wish happy holidays to everyone who celebrates anything this time of year, even if it is just the Winter Solstice or Festivus.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Andrew. Reason: PM added
    jinajupiter
    Participant

I’M A PREMIUM MEMBER

timolnz
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    Christmas Greetings to All. Tim

robinboyd
    Participant

@jinajupiter – That was amazing!

surfnrz

@jinajupiter Brilliant, simply brilliant.

rickeymike
    Participant

Jina: Al Di La! Beyond the beyond. Was there a setting on your speaker to get that sound from the uke? What was that flute instrument?

brettboy
    Participant

Kudos to all of you Uke-Stars !!!!! There are so many Awesome Posts so far this month. I Love it!! And thanks everyone for the kind words about my blue blue blue video.

Andrew I totally see and hear ya. I knew the solo started on beat two but I messed up while editing my video. I’m actually not great at video editing (most of the cool editing stuff you’ll find in my videos is actually just “happy accidents”). If I find time I’ll try to re edit.

Thanks!

cauer2

That was very enjoyable to see and hear Jina. Thank you for sharing.

jinajupiter
    Participant

Thanks Robin, Rickey, Surfnrz and Cauer2 :).
    It’s just reverb and a bit extra high on the Equalizer.
    But recorded with a Microphone this time, not direct from the jack output of the ukulele. The flute is just a Soprano Recorder, the one most kids hate :).
    But extremely easy to learn.
    I spend more time trying to synchronise the video to the audio recording then learning the flute part, but it is fun to do. in IMovie btw.
    There is another nice tune here on RockClass called Whiskey before Breakfast.

oldan_
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Hey everyone, great submissions all around. Here’s mine… never really did any thumb picking before, so this is one of my first takes of Greensleeves. I’ve donated to the Uke Club, it’s a great initiative for you to promote, Andrew.

It’s quite far from perfect, but hey 3 submissions in my first 3 months…:) (Was surprisingly difficult to thumb pick for me)

aquatopaz
    Participant

I am a Premium member.

I had a little over a week to practice this, as I have been vacationing and will leave again tomorrow. I wish I had had more time, but the contest ends before I get back. My apologies.

karenj
    Participant

Oops. I forgot to mention I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Jina, I loved your montage! Just lovely.
    Olden, Congrats on your 3 for 3. Well done!

Take care,
    Karen

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 308 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.