Participate in the December 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    robinboyd
    Participant

Well @bibilele and @ukandrea, you’ve beaten me. I occasionally skip a month.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@misterbones – Bravo, Michael! Brilliant playing 🙂

I sent it to Christopher to watch. He’s gonna love it! BTW – I think this one was the hardest choice for this month.

@ukandrea
    – Looks and sounds great to me! Keep at it. I look forward to watching the full performance 🙂

rickeymike
    Participant

Wow, Mr. Bones! That was great.

bibilele
    Participant

@Andrew Thanks a lot, I’m totally flattered. 🙂 My next goal is to participate each month in 2022 and to choose the intermediate pieces over the beginner pieces. 🙂

lbilkie
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

The main reason I am a member of Rock class 101 is to learn songs I can play solo so I don’t have to sing, but I couldn’t resist doing this song this month. It has always been one of my favorites ever since I heard Donny Osmond sing it- yes, I’m a child of the 70s!! I don’t like my voice, but here it is…

P.S. @Andrew I made a donation to the UKC.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lbilkie – You should def sing more! You sing and play beautifully 🙂

Thank you so much for the donation! Please send me an email with the amount so I can update our tally 🙂

bibilele
    Participant

@misterbones Amazing! Wanna bet if we can also achieve 3 years? 🙂

mkstewart67
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.
    Ukulele Kids! What a great organization…I sent them $50 too!

I am sending off this “Not Perfect” version of Rudolf, the Red Nosed Reindeer, as I am also concerned I could miss the deadline, and Id like to also learn Sevivon Sov Sov Sov we’ll see if i can get that video in as well.
    Thank you all, I have so enjoyed your playing so much!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@mkstewart67 – Beautiful playing, Melissa! And thank you so much for your generous donation and kind words 🙂

The only critique I have is: A couple times you messed up a little section and then restarted. Always play through your mistakes. Pretend like you’re performing with a band, if you mess up, they don’t stop, they keep going.

Other than that, keep up the great work! You are rockin’!

mkstewart67
    Participant

Thank you Andrew, I will totally work on playing through. Also, what a great idea, playing in a band! I will inspire some Neighbors to pick up the Ukulele too!!

Melissa

brettboy
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

Hi Ukulele Friends! I took on Last Christmas this month. What a fun arrangement! Here’s my best take. Happy Holidays Everyone.

Just donated $20 to Ukulele Kids Club 🙂

tules14

I’m a premium member.
    I donated $50 to the UKC.

This is my second month with the ukulele and I focused on chord changes and singing along. Wasn’t quite ready for the muting. And I never sing in front of other people. But here you go!

turkgoose
    Participant

I am a premium member.

So many good choices this month, but I decided to give Sevivon Sov Sov Sov a try.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

andyrose
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I really want to learn What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve, but I know I won’t get it ready by the deadline. So here’s Rudolph. Sorry about the botched penultimate chord!

Thanks to Matt for this arrangement. I’ve had lots of fun with it, even if the video doesn’t look like I’m enjoying myself. Camera jitters. Pretty easy to play, but surprisingly hard to memorize. Maybe because the chord shape is often the same but with different finger-picking patterns. So my “muscle memory” gets easily confused.

I just donated $50 to Ukulele Kids Club.

joe150
    Participant

I am a premium member

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 200 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.