Participate in the February 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Ohana Pequeno Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the February 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Ohana Pequeno Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    jbmills07
    Participant

I am a premium member.

I wanted to do the Celtic mini, but I couldn’t quite get the left hand fingering right! Something I need to work on. So instead I ended up going with “navigating the fretboard”. I struggled with maintaining a steady rhythm, but as always, it was a ton of fun to practice and work on!
    Also, as always, I loved watching everyone’s entries this month! Well done all!

ukulelelady
    Participant

Heres my submission for the Feb 2023 challenge! Celtic Etude was a fun mini lesson for sure!

marlongas
    Participant

Thank you @andrew!! It’s a concert uke.It’s my very first uke and it costs me less than 100€(3 years ago) but I guess the key are on the strings. The red Aquila are( for me)the best for this cheap ukes (I prefer it than the supernylgut Aquila)but it’s not easy to do pull offs. The other concert uke I use is a solid acacia uke and I use the fluorocarbon strings that are the best for me to do this things. I have an tenor too but I would have to restring it with a low g. Maybe I will try it. Than you so much for all this advices!!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@gi_gi_ – Great playing on both takes, Gi Gi! And that’s a really cool looking uke! Sounds great too!

@jbmills07
    – Timing was great! Feel was spot on too! Well done 👏

@ukulelelady
    – Excellent performance!

gi_gi_
    Participant

@Andrew Thanks so much. I got it from a luthier in Vietnam. He made the special inlay on the headstock for me. I’ll upload pics so you can see the back.Click on the pics to see them better.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by gi_gi_.
    brettboy
    Participant

[premium mumber]
    Hi Mini Uke Friends! I chose Country Riff. I decided to try playing the Riff in whole-tone steps up the fret board to make it a bit more challenging.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@gi_gi_ – Its beautiful! I love the artwork 🙂

@brettboy
    – That was super creative, Brett! And I dig the rhythm changes you did!

karenj
    Participant

Brettboy, I always love your submissions and this month did not disappoint! Thank you for inspiring me to improve my own playing.
    Take care,
    Karen

hiouke
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my attempt on navigating the fretboard – ML002.

annemarie
    Participant

I chose Celtic Etude this month because it sounded a wee bit moody!

anyon1
    Participant

Here’s my take on ML 002. I slowed it down to around 75% of the original speed. Otherwise, it was hard to keep up with!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@hiouke – Great playing! The only thing I want to hear is more emphasizes with the swing rhythm. Check out this lesson for help with that.

@annemarie
    – Nicely played! 👏

@anyon1
    – Excellent performance! Great feel throughout 🙂

karenj
    Participant

Here’s my February submission of Celtic Etude. I was working to get used to the tenor size but have been fully loving this wonderful new Kanile’a. I was also trying not to look at my left hand too much. Thanks again to the RC 101 team for another great month of lessons. This one was a lot of fun.

Take care,
    Karen

Andrew
    Keymaster

@karenj – The uke sounds awesome!! Great performance! 🙂

smokealot
    Participant

Hallo,

my entry for this month – made it, phew.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.