Participate in the January 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Mainland Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the January 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Mainland Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    dianna
    Participant

@deadbuggy, thanks for the inspiration. Well done. I decided to work on #16 because I love bluegrass….I have a long way to go. Though you make it look easy, it is quite challenging!

jgillard
    Participant

I am a premium member

Happy New Year to everyone!

jgillard
    Participant

leb397
    Participant

Yowza! @jgillard soo good. Really enjoyed #16. I’m still plugging along. #3 was lovely too.
    Back to practice 😉 Louisa

Andrew
    Keymaster

@jgillard – That was awesome! You rocked the bluegrass tune and etude #3 was beautifully played. Well done 👏

garryrow
    Participant

Hi Andrew
    I have posted a video onto a YouTube channel but can’t seem to link to it on your site. The link is

Any idea what’s going wrong.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Andrew. Reason: Video Embedded
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Garry, it looks like you might have shared the link to your youtube channel. When you click on your video, copy and paste the url onto the forum. It should self-embed if you paste the link in its own line, like:

YouTube Link

I fixed the link for you and I did watch your performance! You played it beautifully. Well done 🙂

garryrow
    Participant

Thank you Andrew . That’s very kind of you .
    The recording is dreadful . I guess I need a mic for my phone . Next time I’ll try the laptop see if that’s any better.

katazumiri
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Here is my attempt with “Fingerpicking Etude no. 16”.

Have a nice day!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@katazumiri – Awesome duet! Loved it 🙂

jbmills07
    Participant

@andrew thank you!

@leb397
    thank you! I look forward to seeing what you decide to play and post!

@the_bumble_bard
    thank you also! Ziggy is a great practice partner, but it would be nice she learned to stay in one spot more! Lol

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by jbmills07.
    The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@jbmills07, hehe, despite being antsy, she seems like an above average well behaved lady! Good “shoulder kitty”! 😊

For this challenge, I tried to clawrhammer Etude No. 3. Not sure how successful it was, but here ’tis! 😊

jebergeron
    Participant

Happy new year to everyone,

Here is my submission for this month challenge (Etude no.6) :

Andrew
    Keymaster

@The_Bumble_Bard – Sounds awesome, Rachael! But unfortunately that piece is not one of the choices for this month’s challenge. This is the piece for “etude no. 3“.

@jebergeron
    – That was awesome! Excellent playing 🙂 My only advice is to target your practice to smooth out the transitions that had a little pause. Keep up the great work!

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@Andrew, oh, sorry. I think I misunderstood the video because I thought it said you could add to that one or extend it, so it’s the same chords / notes as Etude No. 3 but played in a clawhammer style. I changed too much. Oops. I’m embarrassed, man. I’ll redo it, sorry. 😳 Thank you, Andrew! 😶😔😅

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 138 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.