Participate in the January 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Mainland Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the January 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Mainland Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    starry

Here’s my attempt at etude no.16. Even at 65% speed it’s challenging for me, especially with barring. Uploaded my best effort to make the January challenge.

ukele12
    Participant

This is my first time I record myself playing something and it has been quite challenging!
    And this is also my first entry for this month!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by ukele12.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by ukele12.
    anyon1
    Participant

I’m a new member, so here’s my first entry for a monthly challenge–Fingerpicking Etude no. 3. I found practicing this fingerpicking technique helped me catch on more quickly with some 4 finger picking variations in other pieces I attempted this month.

ldarrow
    Participant

Broken left fingers keeping me from playing this month, but enjoying watching everyone’s submissions. Can’t wait to be able to play again.

nelsonlin2021
    Participant

Hi RockClass,

I chose Fingerpicking Etude no. 6 for the challenge this month. I love this composition a lot because it’s my first emotional connection with the D minor key and the expression of sadder tone and nostalgia.

The muted 16th note hits were a bit hit and miss for me as it requires a perfect left and right fingers coordination but I love the use of the sound in the play. More practice needed.

As always, appreciate your feedback on areas of improvement.

ccwuke
    Participant

Fingerpicking Etude no. 12. Love the use of the gypsy major scale in this etude. Andrew plays it so fast its amazing. I could only get it to 70% and even then with a few mistakes.

Chris

nelsonlin2021
    Participant

Forgot to write I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER in my last post.

biancak
    Participant

I am a premium member

New year, new challenges…
    Here is my submission for the speed challenge 😊
    Not slowing down or tripping over in the last 2 bars was the trickiest bit 🤪

bibilele
    Participant

Here is my attempt at Etude no. 16. First I thought it’s quite easy, but then I realized how fast it is. 😀 I made it to 100 % almost in the last minute, but it’s still quite a race for me.

stevencao
    Participant

I am a premium member

Etude no. 12

coffeemug
    Participant

Here’s etude #12. I always dig the eastern vibe. Great to learn mechanics of the gypsy scale.

Thanks!

aletski
    Participant

Hi, im a new member and this is my first challenge entry, etude #3. I struggled with that shift from the first string 7th fret to an F and tried to make it as smooth as i could make it with varying degrees of success.

karenj
    Participant

Here is my January Challenge Submission of Fingerpicking Etude no 16:Bluegrass Duet. And I apologize if this is a duplicate, but my last reply seemed to have vanished. Anyway, when I hear bluegrass, I can’t help but grab my BANJOLELE! I know some feel it does not qualify as a “real” ukulele, but I love the twangy sound.

I practiced a lot to get to 100% but anything over 90% was a sloppy train wreck, so I decided to go with the 75% backing track. I know it is picky, but I found myself wishing the backing track options aligned with the tab viewer tab options that adjust in increments of 10. But here is my best of a million takes.

Thanks for yet another great lesson. I am looking forward to viewing everyone’s submission. And I am already looking forward to February. Love songs????

Take care,
    Karen

leb397
    Participant

@starry @bibilele kudo on #16! I know a very few tried this etude for January but I AGREE it was a challenge. Love bluegrass. I liked your banjolele take.
    Back track line up Argh! 🤪
    Good luck everyone

leb397
    Participant

@karenj it was you that played banjolele… nice…. I feel you struggle
    Kudos

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 138 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.