Participate in the July 2019 Member Challenge – Summer Blockbusters!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2019 Member Challenge – Summer Blockbusters!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    kirpuff
    Participant

You are right, it does sound better with a faster tempo. Thanks for your help Andrew!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here is everyone I hadn’t gotten to on page 10.

erino7 – Courtney, that was a great take 🙂 I saw your comment on timing, and I agree, that would be the biggest focus that I’d recommend for you. Slow it down and work on keeping it steady, especially in some of the tricky transitions, like when you pluck the chords.

nthibode – Wow, bravo! Couple minor things, watch out for pulling strings down when fretting barre chords. For ex, the first barre chord in bar 11 (42 sec in your perf), this chord goes a little bit sharp.

So the slide licks with the Ebm and Fm in the 2nd Theme have been tough for a lot of folks. The trick to getting them to ring out is to keep an even pressure applied when fretting all three strings. The second and third finger must remain anchored and not move at all. Again, watch out to not push the 3rd string up or down (a little is okay).

The hard part is that your index has to move independently from the other two fingers, but needs to keep the same amount of pressure down as you slide down and back up. Try to isolate these chords in your practice, as I do in this video and then try it in the phrase.

gabrielrabaioli – Excellent playing! I really dig your interpretation of the chord vamp intro and mid section. I like that drawn-out sound. Keep up the great work!

edward – Great job overall! The first part sounded like you may have missed a couple notes or something? May want to double-check the music. The big thing that I’d work on for you is adding sustain to your playing. Take the tips from this video and apply them to this song.

jinajupiter – Well played, Jina! I dig the spacey sound 🙂 Very solid take, the only thing that stood out to me was the break in the tempo during the walk down at 23 seconds.

lisadmh – That was some of your most relaxed playing I’ve ever heard! Actually, if you listen to it from the beginning, the only tense part you hear is at 41 seconds, that tricky walk down. This is a BIG breakthrough for you! Tell me about the changes you made in your playing to get this feel.

kellyblackburn
    Participant

Here’s my July entry.

Thanks,
    Kelly

nthibode

Thanks Andrew! Will do.

lisadmh
    Participant

Thanks Andrew!! I felt like I didn’t do that well on this one but maybe it was better than I thought.

Maybe I’m feeling the music more, or differently than usual. I really get into the tune and love it. I’m not counting at all, I’m just feeling. I’m not shooting for perfection, I’m just channeling the Force!

Lesson learned. “Close your eyes. Feel it. The light… it’s always been there. It will guide you.”– Maz Kanata

morrieuke1
    Participant

I enjoyed learning Star Wars Medley-skillfully arranged Matt, nice work! Since I have a low G on my uke, I had to re-position some of the notes, in particular the open G I needed to play fret 3 on the E string. I continue to be impressed with everyone’s performances, nice work RC101 friends!

kelsey91
    Participant

Loved learning this song! My sister and brother in law walked down the aisle to this song at their wedding! 💜 I know there may be a few mistakes but I wanted to play through the whole song! I also wanted to try it on my soprano and concert ukuleles.
    Hope you enjoy!

kelsey91
    Participant

Here is the same song on my soprano! I first learned it on this one and then switched to the concert.

marni11
    Participant

Sadly enough I didn’t realize what this month would turn out to be. So, I won’t be able to enter this months challenge. Hopefully next month! It’s been hard enough just getting 5 minuets of practice in each day, not to mention trying to learn a new song!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lisadmh – Def the Force LOL

riley_ukulele
    Participant

I really enjoyed learning this song. 😄👌 Also, I messed up this intro, but it was too late to re-record it… so I hope this will do.

tiff27
    Participant

Here’s my submission on Jurassic Park. ^_^

coffeemug
    Participant

This is such a pretty tune which I managed to sufficiently mangle. (I’m sorry, John Williams.)

akshxd
    Participant
    rufio0

Hello friends,

I am a big fan of ST show so I chose this one. And 4th July is my birthday, so this year I had very a special present 😁

I am premium member

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.