Participate in the July 2020 Member Challenge – Theme: Vintage Tunes!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2020 Member Challenge – Theme: Vintage Tunes!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    morrieuke1
    Participant

Do I hear the ice cream truck?!
    My son says I make funny ukulele faces when I play lol!!
    A fun arrangement to learn and play, kudos to Andrew (and Matt)
    As usual I enjoy hearing everyone’s performances (especially now when, at least in my area, there is no live music)
    I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

janett75

Stephen thanks very much for the advice and encouragement, much appreciated.

Janet

yugalup
    Participant

Finally a completed piece to participate in the july challenge.

yugalup
    Participant

cloud_cactus
    Participant

This month I decided to learn Yankee Doodle. It was a simple yet fun tune to learn, yet had me practicing so much just to get that tapped harmonic! I think in the end I did okay! 😉
    -Brinley

cloud_cactus
    Participant

haha morrieuke1 me too! I just can’t control my face when I play lol!

biancak
    Participant

I chose the 12th street rag
    So much fun with the rhythm 🙂
    Thanks for the tutorial.
    I’m a premium member.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by biancak.
    mark1256
    Participant

Morrieuke1 and cloud cactus: guitar players call it guitar face. I guess we need to call them our ukulele faces

bklynsoul
    Participant

I wasn’t going to post this month since my last few submissions frustrated me. While this piece was easy to memorize, the harmonics just wouldn’t work while recording. I decided to go audio only for this one. Please excuse the poor cut-in. I keep forgetting to leave extra time before starting to play/record in GarageBand.

Cheers ~ x

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here’s everyone on page 9 that we hadn’t gotten to yet.

@wongbrown
    – Well done, Sheila! You’ve improved A LOT over the last 2 years! Keep up the great work 🙂

@threepwoodjones
    – Great job! The only thing I want to point out is that I heard a couple melody notes that were incorrect. Just double check the lesson/tab 🙂

@elealong12
    – Here is my feedback for you and the lesson I referenced is Module 4, Unit 1 from our Strumming Techniques Course.

misskika
    Participant

I had a face mask on and was really trying not to have it be seen in the video! Unfortunately I failed, so excuse the green chin. Definitely need some work on this but I had fun learning it!

lhamilton
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback, Stephen! I really enjoyed 12th Street Rag. I’m still amazed that I managed to play that split stroke part — I’d never have thought I could have managed it. The intro did sound odd to me — adding the rests will definitely help.

Linda

timolnz
    Participant

Hi All
    Here is my attempt at The Entertainer, harmonics are still beyond me at this stage….Great listening to all the entries so far. Tim

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by timolnz.
    wongbrown

Thanks for your encouraging feedback, Andrew. Will keep working hard to polish my skills.

happyonuke
    Participant

Hello everyone from Ireland, here is my attempt at yankee doodle. A first try at this for me, very glad I came across Rock Class 101.
    Fiona

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by happyonuke.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by happyonuke.
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.