Participate in the June 2018 Member Challenge – Classical Themed!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2018 Member Challenge – Classical Themed!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    isialval
    Participant

Can not you hear it? I’ll try to upload another one in a while

Andrew
    Keymaster

isialval, looks like it is working now! Excellent performance, great feel in your playing. If you’ve just started practicing, as in just started… then keen it up! Very well done 🙂

isialval
    Participant

great :), thank you! I’ll continue practicing

jlbross
    Participant

Have the waltz in C memorized. Now to smooth it out… a lot!

kmelton
    Participant

Here’s my June submission. Some great performances so far guys! Keep it up!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by kmelton.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by kmelton.
    vidafntn
    Participant

Hi, Andrew,

Here is my entry for this month’s challenge. It is Waltz in C – but is actually in G because I am playing a baritone ukulele.

As usual, I am only entering for fun, not to win anything.
    I am also working on Allegro, but it will not be ready for posting by the end of the month.

Regards,

Vida Fenton

suzie1
    Participant

I had a tough time doing this because I’m a very beginner. Messed up a few times and can’t afford a premium membership right now so I had to learn the 2nd half of the song just by watching the beginning of the tutorial, so I might’ve missed some notes or two. But I definitely had fun trying and will most definitely work on getting it better. 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hey Suzie, I just set up your account with premium for the next month 🙂 Thanks for participating and I look forward to watching your performance!

jlbross
    Participant

I am impressed. Nice job

trmzbg
    Participant

Here is my allegro ^^ It took me only 50 times to record it xD

suesbarn
    Participant

My attempt at allegro. Hard to keep it to 120, as it seems easier to go too fast! Also difficult to get wide range of dynamics with a uke, I am finding, but working on it.

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-171465759/allegro-uke

kanae926
    Participant

Suzie, you put all that together without access to the second half of the lesson or the tab viewer?! That is amazing! Brava!

Am I alone in finding it hard to memorize the pieces? (@_@)

I’m impressed with all the submissions!

suzie1
    Participant

Andrew, wow thanks so much, I will put it to good use!! Thank you!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Love seeing so many performances come in 🙂 Here is my feedback.

Kevin, I have attached a video below with feedback for you. Let me know if you have any questions.

Vida, I have also attached a video below with feedback for you. Let me know if you have any questions.

Suzie, amazing job figuring that out on your own, bravo! The video I left for Vida above will give you a few great ideas about the feel of the piece, which I think you did well on overall. But, try the advice from that video and try to keep it consistent as you apply it to the A and B melody.

The other thing I wanted to point out, was that I noticed you doing a partial barre on strings 1 and 2 in the A melody (bars 1 – 4). I’d encourage you to stay on the fingertip of the index finger, playing only the first string throughout that section. In my opinion, it’s a better approach.

trmzbg, awesome performance! Great picking form and overall feel. And don’t sweat it, sometimes it takes me 50 takes too 🙂

Sue, great job on this one! The only thing that I would work on is taping a little harder for the percussive hits, as they sounded a bit too quiet. Also, how are you recording? It sounds like there is a weird effect on your uke…

trmzbg
    Participant

Well , playing guitar for 1 – 2 years defnetly paid off for finger picking ukulele ^^

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.