Participate in the June 2020 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2020 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    morrieuke1
    Participant

I could have used a few more weeks on this one-so much more than meets the eye!! Slight nuances in the phrasing, tempo and meter changes, and dynamics all made for a Bigger challenge than I thought. As usual, I enjoyed the journey, appreciate the great instruction, and enjoy hearing everyone else’s performances-
    Bravo people-stay safe and healthy.

I Am A Premium Member

simonalexander
    Participant

I’m a premium member
    First of all, can I say well done to everyone who’s submitted. I really love seeing everyone’s hard work paying off at the end of the month. Andrew, it must be a real thrill to see how many people you inspire to become better musicians. Thank you and well done for your hard work too. I really love this site and its community.
    Here’s my attempt at Billie Jean. I’ve enjoyed a real love-hate relationship with Ol’ Billie this month. But, that said. we’ve certainly had a lot of fun together
    At the beginning of the month, I thought that I was completely out of my depth and almost went for another song. But I practiced at least an hour every and, sure enough, by the end of the month I knew for certain that I was completely out of my depth.
    On the plus side, I’ve identified some real gaps in my technique so it’s given me a good framework to move forward. So, every cloud.
    I’ve just tried to watch it in this thread and there seems to be a bit of an error. If you struggle too, you can watch in directly on YouTube by using he link at the bottom of the window.
    Here it is. Erm … enjoy?

verity2003

Here is People are strange. My favorite of the takes I had, far from perfect but I still wanted to get it out this month. I am still not sure about the rhythm and the tempo was all over the place but this song was a challenge! Thank you for the lesson.

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by verity2003.
    b_ukes_101

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Everybody did an AMAZING job this month and its always a treat to see all the performances. I had a great time working on this piece but it is far from perfect. I could not figure out the rhythm for measures 32 and 33 no matter how much I slowed down Andrew’s recording of it. The solo needs a little bit of work still but its almost the final day. I’ve submitted all three months and learned many new skills each month. I hope to keep learning from everybody on this awesome website and I can’t wait for the next challenge!!!

ROCK ON!

miztaken
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Today is not a good day for playing, so this is my attempt at People Are Strange.
    (I had not previously learned it as I thought, only new Part A so heaps of learning and 100s of repetitions.)
    Please excuse my playing flubs but today will not get any better.

riley_ukulele
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my performance for ‘People Are Strange’. It’s not as smooth as I wanted, but I gave it a shot.

Thanks,
    Riley

wongbrown

I am a premium member.

I have submitted Stairway to Heaven. Gosh I have been using so much time practicing this entry and still struggling. I couldn’t play any faster than this. Also there were a number of areas that I could not follow Andrew’s finger style and chords simply because I could not do it. Will keep trying 😊

b_ukes_101

@wongbrown That was really good! After watching you then watching my performance again I noticed how sloppy my form was compared to yours. Now I know what I need to work on!

amandali

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

tried to learn Billie Jean. realized that wasn’t gon happen. tried to learn People Are Strange in 4 days instead. this is the mess that came out of that:

(please feel free to not watch this lol)

Andrew
    Keymaster

Friendly Reminder – The deadline for receiving feedback and an entry into the giveaway is tonight at 11:59 PM EST (check your local time zone).

mljordan3

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

It’s been great fun listening to all the entries this month! Great job, everyone! I decided to get a new low-G uke (a nice KALA) to play “People are Strange”. I practiced on my high-G until it arrived a week ago. Need more time to get used to it – having trouble with fret buzz. I can play it reasonably well until I try to record it. Then, like someone else commented, I just went down a rabbit hole. So here is my best effort, flubs and all. BTW: I managed to get a lovely case of poison ivy a few days ago. The worst spot is on my right forearm where I brace the uke. Ack!!!

rufio0

Hi Everyone,

Finally, My hand is still weak but I recorded this video after all the issues that I had.  First last month I broke my hand and I wasn’t able to participate, and after that I got a fever caused by Covid19.
    Do you know that famous book ” Murphy’s Law ” 😀

But I am back and now I am here again. And 4.July is actually my birthday so I hope that this will be the best birthday present ever 🙂
    I wish you all luck.

Aloha…

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

givingtree89

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    Here is my submission for “People are Strange” for this month!

Far from perfect, got some little clubs here and there, but it was good to work on, got lots of practice with interesting fingerings and chord shapes.

Thanks! Crossing my fingers for July 4th!

willymac
    Participant

I am a Premium member.

Here is my entry for the June challenge:

givingtree89

Sorry mine is upside down! I have NO idea what I did wrong, oops! I guess I am the people that are strange haha

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 246 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.