Participate in the March 2024 Member Challenge: Irish Songs!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the March 2024 Member Challenge: Irish Songs!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    dianna
    Participant

@Andrew thank-you for the excellent critique….that will make the difference…..I could hear it in your lesson…..I think my staccato became more pronounced during the tricky parts, especially when the inside of my left hand blocked the sound on the A-string as I was picking with my right. I will work on that….thanks!

@The_Bumble_Bard
    …..that was adorable….your ukies came to life! Cute lyrics – a real ukulele love story….so much fun! Well done! (Good job singing too)

@leb397
    my condolences to you…..but what a beautiful tribute to your Mom…..that song is a keeper and I can imagine her listening each time you play it…..♥️

clempek
    Participant

@leb397 : beautiful tribute, my thoughts go to your mother.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@The_Bumble_Bard – Beautifully played, Rachael. And I enjoyed the creative re-written lyrics lol.

@leb397
    – I’m so sorry for you loss, Louisa. You played a beautiful tribute to her 🌹♥️

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@Andrew, haha, thank you so much! So glad you found it funny. I rewrote the lyrics a couple of times until the overarching theme/story manifested itself, and actually that’s genuinely what helped me push through the struggle of singing and playing, and my nervousness. The ukes needed their story to be told. 😅😂

@dianna
    , ha, thank you so much!! Ha, I have wanted to make the Ukies come to life for some time, but this seemed like the perfect opportunity. 😅😂 Well, TBH, they’ve always been alive, I’m just sharing that with everyone here now, lol. Your entry was so magical, I really loved it! So much fun. I feel like everyone is also upping their video editing game, including yours. 😅

@leb397
    , I agree with everyone, that’s such a beautiful and touching tribute to your mom. Very beautifully played, perfect. I’m sorry for your loss. 💕

Everyone’s entries were so good this month, such challenging songs, but everyone did amazingly well with them! 😊

leb397
    Participant

@andrew thank you and RC friends. ❤️

marianne
    Participant

Wonderful submissions everyone.

@leb397
    so sorry for your loss, beautiful tribute indeed.

Here’s my take on Red is The Rose with some adaptation for low G:

suekulele
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Red is the Rose – such a lovely tune. I’m going to keep practicing the bits I find tricky and would love to get good enough at this one to make it one of my “pocket songs.” 😊🤙🏼💖

leb397
    Participant

@marianne beautiful. Love the low g. And @suekulele very nice… I felt your joy at the end 😆

brettboy
    Participant

Salutations Uke-Friends.

I’ve been working on this fun arrangement of Smash the Windows this month. But I got a late start and have been really busy. This video is a bit rough. I think I still need several hours of dedicated practice but I have to work all day on March 30 and 31 so here’s my best take 🙂 I plan to keep workin’ on it because I really like this arrangement and want to really learn it!

gi_gi_
    Participant

@the_bumble_bard Your musicianship is awesome. You make evryone happy 🙂 Beautiful voice. Great haircut too.

@leb397
    Your playing was beautiful. Reading about your Mom made me cry. So sorry for your loss. Moms are special 🌹🌹🌹

marianne
    Participant

Thank you @leb397 ☺️

bibilele
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    here is my try at Red is the Rose. I didn’t manage to record without flaws, but I think this one is quite okay (though the parts I messed up were not the parts that I usually mess up :D). This time it was especially hard for me to memorize the song. I tend to mix up the 2 parts as they are pretty similar.

janaq1
    Participant

Hello, everyone,

as usual, I watch all submissions. I enjoyed them all.

@leb397
    – I am so sorry for your loss.

I focused on the triplet strum this month. And since I learned and recorded “St. Anne’s Reel” as my very first challenge here on RC101 in October 2020, this time I chose “Smash the Windows”.

Please exclude me from the prize draw this month.
    Jana

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

Such amazing playing by everyone, just wanted to reply to a few on this page.

@marianne
    , so beautiful! That song sounds very lovely on your uke and you played it so perfectly. Really a joy to listen to. 😊

@suekulele
    , very beautifully played! Random note, I love your hair. 😁 I also noticed that the way you hold the uke is kind of like how I hold it and I noticed others hold it that way too. I know that’s not technically the “correct” way to hold it. I’m intrigued by that difference. Anyway, really beautifully played! Also agree with @leb397 that your joy at the end is fun to behold! That thrill you get when you’ve made it through a good take. 😅

@brettboy
    , such a fun song, really well played! Your spirited way of playing, and seemingly existing, is always fun to behold. 😊😅

@bibilele
    , such beautiful playing! Your playing is always very smooth, elegantly flowing when you play. Did you use a green screen for your video of some kind…? But also the lighting seems to be actually changing…? 😅

@janaq1
    , so beautiful, you played that so perfectly! You’re a very skillful player o’ the uke overall. 😊

@gi_gi_
    , thank you so much for your kind words! 😊💕 Coming from you, who is a great singer, I really appreciate that. I was so scared with the singing (more so that my neighbors would hear), but in that take my voice was less shaky than the first few. I hope to get a better video with the ukes’ “characters” showing more in the future. 😂 Anyway, thank you! I kind of wanted to cry your comment was so nice. 😅

Andrew
    Keymaster

@marianne – Such a beautiful performance, Marianne ❤️

@suekulele
    – Def a “keep in the back pocket” tune. You played it beautifully Sue! Well done 🙂

@brettboy
    – Your right-hand technique is excellent Brett! That really gives the piece an amazing flow/feel. Well done! 👏

@bibilele
    – Excellent fingerpicking, Bianca! I can see how it can be tricky as both sections are so similar. But you did a great job! Beautiful feel in both parts 🙂

@janaq1
    – Bravo on the right-hand technique! Your performance was awesome! I shared it in today’s newsletter. Keep up the great work, Jana!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 118 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.