Participate in the May 2017 Member Challenge – Classical Ukulele Challenge

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2017 Member Challenge – Classical Ukulele Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    philrab66
    Participant

Here is my embarrassing attempt at Fur Elise. I am so annoyed with the mess ups from C – G7 – Am7 I can change the chords no problem fluently but when I put them in this song I just mess up. Very frustrating
    Phil

olphart
    Participant

Phil, I didn’t think it was so bad…I wish my “Mountain king” was coming along that well!
    I’m starting to get a little frustrated with it.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hey Mark, I love your take on the A melody! Real cool vibe that I hear often in piano interpretations 🙂

Hey Phil, I thought you did extremely well! Timing and fluidity were excellent. Did you see the comment I gave to MT on page 4? Those tips should help you on that section. I’d be more specific, but I couldn’t see your finger choice for that section 😀 Let me know if you have questions.

fedindark
    Participant
    eljanthegamer
    Participant

Can i play Ode To Joy if I just do 4 parts of it?

jessmyterry
    Participant

Hi Andrew
    My name Jessica I am 13 and have been playing ukulele for less than a year. love the site.
    This is my entry into the competition.

Thanks

acloutier

Hi everyone!

I just recorded the Canon this morning:

acloutier

LOL

It’s not my ukulele on the picture…

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hey Eljan, as according to the rules on page 1: You must perform the entire piece to receive an entry into the prize raffle.

Feel free to post a partial arrangement if that is all that you can play. I will be giving feedback on everyone’s post too 🙂

kentuckyfriedpenny
    Participant

Here is my try on Canon in D as my entry for the competition.

olphart
    Participant

Ok, I’ve decided to upload this effort. It’s pretty bad, but every time I play it, I make a different mistake, or set of mistakes…very frustrating. Running out of time here..LOL
    I will put up a better one once I get it working right.

olphart
    Participant

Ok, I put it on Youtube.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by olphart.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Wow, I am really impressed with everyone’s playing! James, you did very well! It’s tricky to play that last melody up the neck!

Great job Jess, I see you take after your dad 🙂 Keep up the good work, I wish I could play like that at 13!

Alain that was wonderful 🙂 fedindark and kentuckyfriedpenny, you guys did great too!

emilywaller

Hi. So I tried to learn Canon in D in roughly 2 weeks. Certainly a challenge! Lots of refining to be done; but here is where I’m at 🙂 Thanks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdP4N56nZnw

(apologies, can’t work out how to embed the video- hope clicking the link is okay)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by emilywaller.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by emilywaller.
    olphart
    Participant

Thanks Andrew, BTW, for those who may be wondering why it sounds lower, that’s a baritone uke tuned to DGBE, so while the fingering and arrangement is the same, the notes are a 5th(?) lower. It also requires that the open 4th string D in DCEA tuning moves to fret 3 on string 2.
    Hopefully, I can clean it up and play it better next time

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.