Participate in the May 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN a Kanile'a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN a Kanile'a!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    karenj
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I’ve worked hard on this song despite having day after day of clouds, rain, and gloom in the U.S. Northeast. With a beautifully sunny weekend behind me and a busy week ahead, I figured I better do my recording. My top goal this month was to relax and just do my best with the recording and keep playing despite mistakes. I told myself I would spend an hour recording different takes then pick the best one. Not worrying about getting it just right did help me feel relaxed. I know there are more than a few mistakes and the rhythm needs a lot of work. My cat, Leo, was also a bit of a distraction but fun to have in the video. So maybe I can blame my mediocre performance on the cat. . . .

Thanks again for a great class.
    Karen

lisadmh
    Participant

Great job everyone. I love when the end of the month comes and the videos start pouring in. It’s great to see such a big group all poverty the world working together on the same songs. Thanks for sharing.

And, Karen, ukuleles and kitty cats, my two very favorite things! Hi Leo. 🐱

smudge
    Participant

Thank you so much for your feedback Andrew!! Great advice

robinboyd
    Participant

@karenj – Your cat is so chilled! Mine hates it when I play so she runs around knocking things off shelves and generally tries to get my attention.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by robinboyd.
    tiff27
    Participant

Hi. Here’s “When I’m 64”.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by tiff27.
    justin
    Participant

Hi – ruff rendition but I was determined to get something up this month – thanks

I’m a premium member

rickeymike
    Participant

hey Tiff, Kudos to you for getting through this. I don’t know why, but this song is so difficult to memorize. I’ve tried to record many times but somewhere there is always this horrible silence when I can’t remember the next note, thus “cut the tape”. ha. So again I applaud you.

holly1

Hello All!

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my May submission, not perfect at all, but the best take I can offer at the moment. Darn that harmonized chord on the 12th fret. I only hit that about 50% of the time it seems, and this was NOT one of those times. lol. And I struggled in other spots as well. I will keep working on it, but I wanted to get something shared before time ran out. I love hearing all various submissions and sounds from everyone. I don’t feel so alone on this journey! Thanks Andrew and Matt for this challenge, I’m looking forward to the next!

Holly

cornishdpt
    Participant

Haha! I made it. I always seem to run behind schedule and learn about 3/4 of a song by the end of the month but this is probably my favorite Beatles tune and said I was going to get it no matter what. Sry you haven’t seen me in a while, Andrew. I swear that I’ve been practicing. Thanks as always for the videos and challenges!

cornishdpt
    Participant

Oops. Sry

I am a premium member.

rickeymike
    Participant

Wow, Holly and Cornish! My theory of this song being near impossible to memorize doesn’t hold water after watching both of you. So, what’s wrong with me? Ha, but you’ll find out in a day or two…..I’ve stopped numbering my “takes”

BTW, Cornish Is that your ring making that beat sound? I like it even though it probably wasn’t intentional….Develop it. I may go find my big ole college ring and see what percussive sound it makes. Ha.

hotmilktea

My mind went blank when “the sky is blue” and i were about to lose the breath ^^

I am a premium member

aquatopaz
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    Resubmittal with proper heading and the last bar.

cornishdpt
    Participant

Rickeymike: Lol, yeah that was my wedding ring making that noise. I’ll have to thank the wife for adding a new dimension to my playing. As for the memorizing, ive been a drummer for decades and am used to letting my muscle memory kick in… I just have to be careful that I will sometimes learn a phrase or strumming pattern wrong and then have to fix it at the end of the month. Best of luck!

Alright, who else is impatiently waiting to see what theme and songs June brings? Seriously, super anxious excited about finding out what I will be working on next and hesitating to start anything new. Just playing the what I know over and over (which has its benefits for sure).

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 278 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.