Participate in the May 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN a Kanile'a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN a Kanile'a!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    timolnz
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    Well and truly stretched myself and my fingers this month with ‘If I Fell’
    Whew!!!….won’t bite off so much next month me thinks.Thanks for all your work Andrew and Team and Hi to All. Tim

morrieuke1
    Participant

I love The Beatles (who doesn’t?!) great monthly member challenge thank you Andrew and Rock Class 101 community!

hotmilktea

hi @lyndallk, Glad you like it. Same as you, I really want to hear more “Because” which is not popular this month though.

@robinboyd
    , make that happen please! really wanna see you and Tiffany sing the same song together!

Thanks Stephen for your always nice and kind words!

hotmilktea

@morrieuke1, like your version, so relaxed and beautiful!

rickeymike
    Participant

tim – super effort.

Morrie – really beautiful

rickeymike
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    Hey Class, Such high expectations at the beginning of the month….. This is take#18 of 23 (sigh).

lisadmh
    Participant

Great job Rickey! You’ve maybe got a few areas to smooth out, but overall you’ve got good rhythm and you nailed the singing and playing at the same time. I can’t do that! It’s always fun to see your performances. Thanks for sharing.

lisamcc
    Participant

I’m a premium member!
    Hey all – don’t even bother listening to this one…. I’ve had a ukulele disaster month when my bridge completely split – I wasn’t even doing anything rock and roll with it, it was in its case!
    So here is my effort at here comes the sun. Ironically, the sun has just come out, so I need to record before I go camping. I got the uke back yesterday, so I have little practice, the pegs now seem to be slipping, and that plus new strings, mean that it’s super-hard to get it into tune for the duration of the piece!
    Please forgive! (I’m happy to have my uke back though!)
    🙂

santai
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I’m a lot less active here in the forums as I’d like to be – but almost all my ukulele-time this month went into practicing for the challenge… I still count myself a beginner, having started really playing the ukulele in February. But still: I love Here Comes The Sun, so I worked hard to submit this song to the challenge.
    I’m really happy with the results and my progress – although I’ve yet to perform a flawless take, but I’m content. 😉 Thanks sooo much for helping me setting goals and growing through it!

stianukulele

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my try on If I Fell, struggled alot with some of the finger plucking wich was quite unlogical to me, really brain training stuff. Also I am a hardcore Beatles fan who attending beatleweek in Liverpool for the third time in august, looking forward to that.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by stianukulele.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by stianukulele.
    andracass
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my entry

marni11

Has plenty of mistakes, but at least I was able to memorize this one! 🙂

~I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER~

morrieuke1
    Participant

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone, I appreciate it! You work so hard all month preparing, and it’s nice that people listen and care about your performance!
    timolnz-I like your upbeat tempo, really nice.
    rickeymike-it’s so hard to play and sing-you’ve made great progress keep it up!
    lisamcc-glad I bothered to listening, it stayed in tune and I enjoyed your performance.
    santai-such a beautiful Harrison melody, and beautifully played.
    stianukulele-no struggle at all-flawless!! Wow. Have fun at Beatle week 🙂
    adracass-you’re getting it-keep it up and nice uke shirt!
    marni11-great job memorizing 64, I always struggle without the notes. I enjoyed your playing!!

Stephen

Here’s everyone on page 12:

mfaske – This take is great! You did a wonderful job on the rhythm and you seem to have all of the notes down! Now the next step is to work on playing certain sections a little bit more legato (smooth and connected). To do this, work on not letting fretted notes go too soon before shifting positions and by not stopping notes too soon with the plucking hand thumb. You are doing wonderfully, and with a bit more work, I’m sure you can work it up to speed as well! Awesome job!

rufio0 – You are doing great, and you are getting a nice sound out of the ukulele! There are certain rhythms in the song that you are simplifying slightly. Some of the rhythms hit before the expected down beat, and use 8th notes and ties to syncopate the rhythm a bit. I would recommend going through the rhythm part of Andrew’s reading course to learn more about these more complex rhythms. Your version sounds great as is, but this will help it to sound a bit more like the original. Thank you for your entry!

bzediver – You are doing a great job! I would recommend playing the whole piece a bit slower so that you can focus on what’s coming next and play these rhythms in time without hesitation. Have you tried playing along to a metronome? You can also play along with the slowed down tab player. You’re off to a great start! Keep up the good work! Thanks for joining the challenge, and I like the ending!

surfnrz

Boy, this one was tricky to play and sing. Here is my submission. I took a lot of takes. This is as good as it’s going to get(mistakes and all!). Thanks for these opportunities. I love these challenges. I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 278 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.