Participate in the May 2020 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2020 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 333 total)
  • Author
    sgorsuch
    Participant

@schaap – wow you set the bar pretty high! Your performance has a great flow to it. I am still practicing this one- the tune is now recognizable but I still have a ways to go. Really nice job!

rebeca

There was no doubt for me. I had to choose this one since It was love at first listen.
    Here´s my attempt of “Out in the north” in a high G Uke, unfortunately I don´t have one with low G.

Take care and play Uke!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@rebeca – Great job on the 2 finger approach! This was an excellent performance overall. Great feel to your playing, too.

There’s only 1 minor (super minor) thing I noticed. The end of the B melody ends on a B note, but you slide it down a whole step. I’d let it resolve and fade on the B; much more pleasant to the ear 🙂

rickeymike
    Participant

Good job rebeca. Once I started learning it, I loved the song too.

rebeca

@andrew – Yep! to be honest I wasn´t sure about sliding that note. I finally play it that way because I was trying to emulate the performance but this doesn´t seem to work in the same way with high G and I’m probably sliding before time.
    Thank you for your feedback and your kind words!

@rickeymike
    – Thank you! you are working on the same tune! I´m looking forward for your performance!

willymac
    Participant

@rebeca Good job. Woo hoo!

macdog

@shaap123 and rebeca too….. Yeah those were cool. I really love this tune. Its a stretch for me but a good project. I’m glad there are 31 days in May. 🙂

Greg

• This reply was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by macdog.
    robinboyd
    Participant

@rebeca – that actually sounds really good with the high g.

Steven
    Participant

@rebeca That sounded awesome! I’ve been struggling with the right hand technique on this one but you nailed it! Great job ☺

rebeca

thanks everyone for your encouraging words!

What helped me to learn this technique was thinking of it like a tripplet strum with two fingers. My next goal will be making it sound softer.

Now it’s my turn to sit and enjoy with your performances! 😊

yooki-h
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey everyone,
    This is my attempt at Out in the North.

Hope you like it and appreciate any feedback!
    Good luck with this month’s challenge!

-Yuki

Erindring (Out in the North)

Andrew
    Keymaster

@yooki-h – Excellent job! Sounds great! The only thing I’d suggest is to practice a bit slower, as it will allow you to focus on hitting every note/chord cleanly. But again, awesome overall! Keep up the great work! 🙂

yooki-h
    Participant

@Andrew, thanks for that! yehp I definitely need to practice more to get everything more smooth and also to bring out the melody better. I’m finding it tricky to get the accuracy with the two finger style at speed so need to focus on it; particularly bar 9 (second-time bar).

rebeca

@yooki-h: Love it! what a relaxing and expressive performance!
    congratulations!

willymac
    Participant

I am a Premium member.

Here’s my entry. I got a condenser microphone and tried to do a two microphone set up. Not sure I did it correctly, but it’s definitely louder. 🙂 Now onto Malaguena.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 333 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.