Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    bethany_guardiani
    Participant

@Andrew thank you so much! The feedback is much appreciated too…I definitely have a habit curling that particular finger under when not using it. I broke my hand a couple years ago and it didn’t heal very well resulting in the knuckle of my ring finger becoming displaced. For whatever reason it’s super uncomfortable for me to keep that finger hovering above, but I’m sure with more practice doing it will at least get a little more mobile!

samash07
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback Andrew.

Yes, some parts are definitely rushed, even my performance length is way shorter. I could’ve worked on it if I had the time but this month’s packed. Hopefully I can tackle the June challenge with a much better paced performance.

Thanks again!

ukule_lise
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.

This month I tried Come as you are. Especially the new Dm shape was quite a challenge for me.

bibilele
    Participant

Andrew, thanks a lot for your kind feedback! I’m here only a few months now and I already learned so much. 🙂 Will try the metronome.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@ukule_lise – Fantastic performance, Elise! Great vibe and feel throughout. Only tip I have is to keep that pinky hovering over the neck – like you do on the chords at 1 min into performance. That way it’s always ready for action.

katazumiri
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Here is my “Come As You Are”:

Have a nice day!

ccwuke
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.

Wow so many great submission so far!

Here’s my version of Come As You Are. Taking Andrew’s feedback from last month to heart I plugged into the click track from the tab viewer this time. You’ll hear me slowing down about half way through 🙂

Chris

clempek
    Participant

I’m a premium member

hello, this is my participation with come as you are (with my daughter in background^^)
    i think i play it too fast …

sebi75

Thank you for your feedback Andrew, I will try your suggestions.
    Awesome challenge, I like all videos from the members,hope there are coming much more, I love to watch them.
    Congrats to all of you.
    Have a great Sunday.
    Greetings Sebastian

bomarkt
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

Smoke on the Water

Was quite challenging but lots of fun and need more practisce.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Andrew. Reason: Video Added
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@katazumiri – very well played, excellent performance!

@ccwuke
    – timing sounds great, Chris! Well done this month, keep up the great work!

@clempek
    – you played it well! But I would agree, slow down a little bit. This song has a groove to it and it’s hard to lock in if you’re going too fast. Play along with Matt in the tab player. That’ll help you lock into that groove.

@bomarkt
    – well done! I think you’ve got a great base established. Try this: take 4 bars at a time and loop them in the tab player. Slow it down to whatever speed you need, but set a goal of playing it perfectly and steadily in time. When you get comfortable at that speed, try 5 or 10 BPM faster.

When we break songs down into sections, it makes practicing much more efficient because you’re not trying to play everything from the get-go.

misterbones
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Ukulele literally translates to jumping flea if I remember correctly, so Jump was the obvious choice for me this month. When I started learning this three weeks ago, it felt like I just got myself into an expedition to climb Mount Everest, and at some point I thought I bit off more than I could chew. But somehow I made it, at least the version without guitar solo (I’ll save that for a special opccasion), mostly thanks to Andrew’s excellent tutorial, without which I wouldn’t even have tried. Thanks for the hint to play through the mistakes, ovisously I did that a lot this time.

clempek
    Participant

thx Andrew
    I start to use the tab player and it’s true that helps for the groove
    I have to deal with my stress too

thx for all

stianukulele

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi all, my take on Come As You Are, and as you all saw on TV last night, at least Europeans, RocknRoll never dies! (Eurovision Song Contest, check out the winner “Måneskin” at YouTube 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by stianukulele.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@misterbones – bravo, Michael! That was awesome! Great job on the synth solo!

You’ve got a great feel to your playing. But I do have one suggestion, which is to slow the tempo down. You’re going faster than the original recording. Sometimes that works for songs, but for this one I don’t think it sounds better faster. Plus, slowing it down should help clean up some of the tricky pull-off/hammer-on licks that happen throughout the arr.

But seriously overall, it was killer! Keep up the great work and thank you for the kind words 🙂

@stianukulele
    – Fantastic groove to your playing. Love it! And I checked out that band, they rock! Wish we had something like that here in America.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 147 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.