Participate in the May 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    maryjanew
    Participant

@nthibode that was beautiful, Natalie. I love that song as well but haven’t been bold enough to try and sing it

moonshine
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER and here’s Yellow Submarine:

johanna2509
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi all!

I chose Let it Be this month. I love playing that arrangement! However, recording was so difficult… Getting all the tricky parts right in one go is really challenging. I think I’ll never get used to record myself 😀
    I can’t get a better recording than this one so here it is!

simonalexander
    Participant

I’m a premium member.

I’m not much of a singer but I put a capo on the second fret and juuuust about managed to limp through.

tric_o_tronic
    Participant

I am a premium member

Hi
    I tried Yellow Submarine – its a little bit rushed. But I got carried away during the playing.
    Thank you for the arrangement.

marianne
    Participant

Hi everyone!
    What a lovely selection for this month. I will be learning all of them as the arrangements are gorgeous. Thanks RC101 team!
    Here is Blackbird. I am the one singing but without showing my face as I am too conscious when I sing and it makes me uncomfortable 😊 It’s a whole lot of fun to play!!

Hi all,

This was a fun challenge. I really don’t like the Yellow Submarine, but Matt’s take on it had such a happy vibe to it that I really enjoyed playing it. Somehow on camera I stumble everytime, my mind wanders and then I crash, but this take was passable. 🙂

All the best!
    Herbert

PS I don’t want to participate in the lottery, the import fees will tear me a new one.

gi_gi_
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

Yellow Submarine

rebeca
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I wish I had learnt “let it be” but I have to leave it for later on as I have little time for uke this month.
    For now this is my submission of one of the first songs I learnt on the guitar when I was a little girl 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by rebeca.
    gi_gi_
    Participant

@marisnne That was so awesome. Bravo!

marianne
    Participant

Thank you so much @gi_gi_! 😊😊

nthibode

Thanks for the kind words, @maryjanew @mark1256 and @sir_anzalot ! 🙂

leslieb
    Participant

I am a premium member.

How fun playing Yellow Submarine is!!! I still am practicing the bar chords. Here is my submission.

I have it memorized but struggled with the bar chords. I’ll keep practicing.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here’s everyone on page 3 that I hadn’t gotten to.

artcrocker – Really well done and I like the subtle changes you threw in there 🙂

pysanky – excellent playing all around! Honestly, the only critique I have is that the occasional note/chord wasn’t crystal clear. It sounds like something that can be overcome by taking those sections/phrases at a slower tempo when practicing. Keep up the great work!

shmu88 – Beautiful playing! Always an honor to share your performances with our community 🙂

@maryjanew
    – So sorry for your loss, MJ.

ccwuke – Here’s my feedback for you 🙂

Here’s everyone on page 4 so far.

@moonshine
    – Excellent feel and playful vibe throughout. Well done!

@johanna2509
    – beautiful performance! I will send it to Steven to watch. I’m sure he’ll love it 🙂

@simonalexander
    – Great job singing and playing, Simon! I know Paul played it faster than Ashley and I, but I do think this arrangement sounds better at a slower tempo. And it’s definitely much easier to play clean at a slower tempo. So my only suggestion for you is to consider slowing the tempo a little bit.

@tric_o_tronic
    – Great job! So I noticed a lot of your strumming motion comes from pivoting at the wrist. You want the forearm to move with the hand as it helps produce a more fluid sound. Check out this lesson and this one. Matt breaks down the fundamentals of strumming in the first one and offers five additional tips in the second one.

@marianne
    – Beautifully done and you have a lovely singing voice 🙂

@herbdrawsaline
    – Great playing with a nice playful feel throughout!

@gi_gi_
    – Way to go, Gi Gi! You’ve been knocking these challenges outta the park! But I do have one critique for you. At 56 seconds, you made a mistake and restarted the melody. Always play through your mistakes. We want to pretend like we’re playing in an ensemble. If we make a mistake, the band never stops and starts again, instead they carry on and the audience usually doesn’t notice 🙂

@rebeca
    – You nailed it! Bravo!

@leslieb
    – That was an excellent take! The barre chords sounded great! Only thing I’d say is to target your practice towards speeding up the single note phrase at the end. But keep doing what you’re doing! It’s working 🙂

marianne
    Participant

Thank you so much @andrew!! 😀☺️

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 181 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.