Participate in the May 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    sir_anzalot
    Participant

Thank you @leb397 – glad you liked it! 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

zongozongo – Excellent performance! A few measures sound like they could use a little polishing, but overall it was very well played! Keep up the great work 🙂

sir_anzalot – Excellent playing, Andy! My only suggestion is to target your practice on the 2nd and 3rd bar of the chorus. Those are finger frenzy measures! Take it slow and see if you can clean it up a bit.

suekulele – Wow! What a view with a performance to match it 🙂

My suggestion, as you continue to practice, is to work on keeping the flow steady as there’s a few pauses in some transitions. Try breaking your practice into 8 bar sections. That way you can build the song as you go instead of trying to tackle it all at once.

ebetsimo – Gorgeous playing, well done!

laurajax
    Participant

I am a premium member.
    This is my attempt at Yellow Submarine.

joe150
    Participant

I am A Premium member

riley_ukulele
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

This month I decided to learn Yesterday by the beatles, as it’s always been one of my favorite songs. I had a great time learning it!

riley_ukulele
    Participant

Also, I didn’t have a low G to put on the ukulele, so I just had to play it with a high G.

qiuyan
    Participant

NOT AN ENTRY (because I already had a submission earlier)

After learning “Yesterday”, I can’t help attempting “Let it be” too as it’s so beautiful. And it’s my first Level 4 song!

johanna2509
    Participant

Thank you @Andrew !

gmflin8
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

After missing practice for way too long, I am back this month 🙂 Looking forward to feedback.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by gmflin8.
    sir_anzalot
    Participant

Thanks @Andrew 🙂
    Yes, that is indeed a demanding section at full speed and I actually strained my hand (again) a bit with it when I bruteforced my way through Practice a few weeks ago. Shouldn’t have overdone it the way I did but it’s the reason I had to take what I could when I recorded and didn’t have too much room for improvement in that sitting ^^

EDIT:
    Wow very cool high G take on yesterday @riley_ukulele ! I liked the small alterations you worked in to make it work without the low G string and I think I might give that another whirl as well

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by sir_anzalot.
    jbmills07
    Participant

Thank you @andrew for the feedback! Means a tons to me, truly does, so thank you again 🙂

Justin

jebergeron
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

First time posting a video of me! I used to sing this song with my friend when I was younger in karaoke, it brings back a lot memories.

ukandrea
    Participant

Hello,
    I just need to “let it be” with this version for this month. New job, business travel without uke ahead, I had only very few time to practice. So here is my uncut one shot iPhone recording, the bird song hopefully distracts you from my errors:

Best,
    Andrea

misterbones
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Here’s my take on Let it be. Working on this right after A Fifth of Beethoven felt like a day at the spa. The one thing I noticed though is that while I found A Fifth of Beethoven surprisingly easy to memorize, I had a much harder time memorizing the Let it be arrangement, probably due to all those little variations in the recurring parts that are all so similar, but still different in every repeat.

brettboy
    Participant

Aloha Ukulele friends.
    (I’m a premium member)
    I took on Let it Be this month.
    Lovely arrangement and a great challenge.
    Thank you Steven and Andrew!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 181 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.