Participate in the May 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    nelsonlin2021
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

I had fun learning my second Beetles tune, Yellow Submarine, arranged by Matt, in my 6th consecutive monthly challenge.

While I couldn’t get a take without making mistakes I enjoyed playing this timeless tune.

Any feedback is appreciated.

elealong12
    Participant

Awesome job Tim! You are such a profound player. Enjoyed listening to you play. 🙂

ukulelee
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER!

Hello! Here is my very slow and occasionally inadvertently ad libbed version of Yesterday. I hope to smooth it out in the next while but wanted to submit it in time. Thank you so much for the great tab and challenge!
    Also, it’s a ton of fun and inspiraion watching the other submissions. So much talent out there. Cheers!

dorabr
    Participant

Hi, it has been a while… after a difficult pregnancy and dealing with being a mom for the first time, I’m trying to slowly get back to play the ukulele, especially for my little one. This take was quite rough but I’m kind of running out of time to post it. I’ve been watching some of the entry and it always amaze me the great playing from the members. Congrats!

kpurdy
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Still rough, but time to record! Thank you for any feedback.

Andrew
    Keymaster

barbecueblack – Beautiful performance! Only a few spots need a little polishing, but it was amazing overall! Great job this month 🙂

tules14 – Here’s my feedback for you 🙂

samash07 – I thought you did great on the strumming! The entire song was quite lovely to listen to.

I do want you to play that single-note melody run that happens before the last chorus with Matt in the tab player. Timing was a bit off in that section, so playing with him should help you strengthen it.

yukalele – Here’s my feedback for you 🙂

richard_siegert – Excellent playing, Richard! Only thing I’d say to work on is to eliminate some of the pauses in the transitions during the chorus. Try playing with a metronome or with Matt in the tab player. That’ll help you keep the tempo steady.

biancak – Beautiful playing! I did read everything you wrote, and I think you might be a little too harsh on yourself. But at the same time, aren’t we always our worst critic lol.

It is awesome to hear that you are recording your performances, watching back, and targeting your practice on specific areas. Keep doing that, it’s one of the best ways to improve!

morrieuke1 – Not going to lie, totally wish I phrased the “Yesterday” opening lyric line the way you did. Totally cool! Now if I only had a time machine to go back and redo it lol.

I’m impressed with your cramming sesh. Very well played and another solid performance in the books. Keep up the great work!

@tessiert
    – My pleasure! And I def will remember next time we add testimonials. Appreciate it! No need to hold back on questions. Happy to help anytime!

tim0721 – Beautiful playing with great feel! It looked like you were referencing the music from time to time. So my only suggestion is to memorize it, that way you can put your full concentration into the performance.

@nelsonlin2021
    – Excellent job this month! Only two things stood out to me. Look how you’re fretting the D chord at 13 seconds. You’re bending in at the first joint with the pinky finger. Keep that finger curved and fret the note with the fingertip.

Also, there were a couple times where you messed up and restarted a section. Always play through your mistakes. We want to pretend like we’re playing in an ensemble. If we make a mistake, the band never stops and starts again, instead they carry on and the audience usually doesn’t notice 🙂

@ukulelee
    – Beautiful playing and your ukulele sounds incredible! So there’s a couple of areas where you want to smooth out the timing. But I also think you’re ready to start boosting the tempo. It was really well played overall so you pretty much at the polishing, tightening, and boosting tempo stage.

@dorabr
    – Congrats on becoming a mom! Your baby’s going to have some amazing serenading sessions because your playing is fantastic 🙂

@kpurdy
    – I thought you did a great job! I’d recommend playing along with Matt in the tab player. Loop 4 or 8 bars at a time and try to match him. His playing will act as a guide to help keep you locked in (timing wise).

When you feel like you’re locked in with him, record yourself playing solo. And listen back to double check that you’ve got it flowing steady 🙂

dividedsky
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Here is my submission of Yellow Submarine by The Beatles. I loved this sweet arrangement by Matt, especially the part where the “band begins to play”!

It’s been so fun watching everyone’s submissions.
    Can’t wait to see what is planned for the June Challenge!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by dividedsky.
    andrewvh
    Participant

I am a premium member

I really enjoyed all of this month’s options, thanks guys.

Here’s my entry, Let it be.

kidelozzi
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Really fun challenge this month. Thanks so much! Still needs some fine tuning but alas, I am out of time.

samash07
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback Andrew! Sure, I’ll do just that tonight!

uku241
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Still working on the main video (I’m gonna take a stab at singing), but in case I miss the deadline, I’m pre-submitting a different take here.

wongbrown

Hi Andrew, thanks for the feedback. Excellent advice re 8 tabs practice. This is what I need. 🙂

seoulkim

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

My challenge this month is ‘Let it be’.
    Mother Mary’s words of wisdom, let it be, is still valid and inspiring me. 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by seoulkim.
    maryjanew
    Participant

I Am A Premium Member

This is also the first time that I picked a Level 4 song in any RC101 challenge!
    I chose “Let It Be” because I love the song so much and if you saw my earlier post, I did a singing version (NOT a great one, still needs work) and wanting to try my hand at the chord Melody version. It is very hard and I have a long way to go on tackling this piece. Thanks to Stephen for his Brill’ arrangement, with the smashin’ riffs up the neck, which stretched my fingers!! 😜🤙🏼
    I needed many recordings to get this one where I made the least number of mistakes and at least, didn’t stop and redo sections. 😳 I will keep working on this, Stephen! 🤘🏻
    I do not have it memorized yet, either, I’m so sad that I cannot devote everyday to Ukulele Practice! My life has been very busy with good stuff and not so good “bumps in the road”

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by maryjanew.
    dal08260

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 181 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.