Participate in the November 2020 Member Challenge – WIN $1,800 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2020 Member Challenge – WIN $1,800 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    turkgoose
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Great job everyone so far! I chose Dream State and it is such a fun, light song! Thank you Stephen!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@turkgoose – Excellent playing! Great feel and flow. Double check the chord in bar 15 and 16, the G5. Sounds like you were playing it diff. Keep up the great work 🙂

lyndallk
    Participant

I’m a premium member
    Here’s my “Dream State” Lovely piece, Stephen

First time I’ve ever recorded something in one take! A little messy for a few bars, but I’m ok with that.

laurakarr12
    Participant

Thanks, Andrew. I will continue to work on it!

turkgoose
    Participant

@andrew
    Thanks for the feedback! I checked and I probably just didn’t fret the G5 cleanly. Thanks for this great place and all that you do!

lisamcc
    Participant

I am a premium member

Hey everyone – this is my first attempt at Toss a Coin to Your Witcher. It’s a beautiful tune – I had never heard of it before. Apologies for the early recording – I am anticipating madness with mock exams over the next few weeks, so wanted to start the submission process. I stumbled a lot on the last section – lots of work still to do. I’m also recording using my phone because everything through my laptop sounds tinny – I think it is better but I’ve lost my head!
    Hope everyone is well.
    Lisa

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lyndallk – Well done, Lyndall! So I’d actually recommend the same advice I gave Robin. Which was to play along with Stephen in the tab player. His playing will act as a guide to tighten up your rhythm and keeping the tempo steady. After that, I def think you should add the tempo alterations you did and make it your own 🙂

@lisamcc
    – I really dig the arpeggiated attack you do. Fits perfectly with this tune! Keep working on the ending, but very well played overall 🙂

lyndallk
    Participant

Thanks Andrew – I appreciate the advice.

emiliano
    Participant

Hi for once I do not wait till last day to post my entry haha, this was a really fun song to learn.

** I am a premium member **

lisamcc
    Participant

Thanks Andrew! I’m on it! 😊

eszti5mail
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Here is my take on Haunted Uke. First I wanted to do Puff the magic dragon as I’ve been practicing it for long time but since I’ve heard Haunted Uke, I totally fell in love.
    Eszter

I’m a Premium member

ukandrea
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    – AND I WAAAANT TO WIN THIS WOOOOONDERFUL HAWAII UKULELE!!!!

Hi Andrew, here comes my performance of Puff, the Magic Dragon.
    I have practiced a lot plus had to learn very much additional tech stuff this month as I have a new Ukulele with pickup plus needed to get familiar with all the tools like Audio interface, Audio software and so on – quite challenging.
    My recording is not perfect but I will upload the current status I have so that I can concentrate on playing the Ukulele again instead of the tech stuff.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@emiliano – Again, I love the changes you threw in there! Very tasteful and well executed, bravo!

@eszti5mail
    – Well done! Great playing overall. One suggestion: try the hammer-on/pull-off technique for that lick in bar 6. I think it makes it sound much smoother than plucking every note 😉

@ukandrea
    – Recording quality sounds awesome! Love the tone you’re getting, Andrea 🙂 Here are my tips for you:

ukandrea
    Participant

@Andrew: Thank you so much for the feedback!
    I would not have mastered the technical recording stuff as is without your Ultimate Guide to Recording Ukulele.

Your feedback on Ukulele playing was very helpful for me. I thought you would point me to the errors that I am seeing myself and give me tips how to play it. But I know from the tutorial how I should play it. I’m just not mastering it yet all the time (but sometimes) – so I just need to practice that more. It was very helpful that you told me how to simplify the chords in the meantime. Especially the finger position in Bar5 I tried over and over again like Matt does, it was so difficult. I changed to do it as I saw how Nathalie (nthibode) was fingering it. Also not soo easy. So just leaving away the first string will definitely make it easier for the moment.

Happy playing to all members,
    Andrea

mennloo
    Participant

Hello! November challenge submission. Feel pretty tense during play, appreciate your advice!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by mennloo.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.