Participate in the November 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 229 total)
  • Author
    mkstewart67
    Participant

I am a Premium Member
    This has been a fun one as I tried to learn a little bit of each available option, but Etude in E Minor (in A Minor) is the one I could actually complete!

timolnz
    Participant

I Am A PREMIUM MEMBER
    Etude in E minor, plenty of room for improvement but got it recorded finally, Greetings and good luck to All, Tim.

beauke

Andrew help!!!! Wrong video. Please delete the submission above! Sorry

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

WOW, my fingers are about to fall off! First time I ever learnt to play a solo with a backing track, quite tricky at first, so much fun though. Loved every minute of this challenge!

Thanks for fabulous pieces of music.

seoulkim

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

James Bond in 75% speed.

It is the most difficult song I’ve ever played with Ukulele.
    Without Andrew’s detailed explanation, I would not have made it.
    Especially, if Andrew did not mention that it was his one of 5 favorite songs, I would not have chosen this song.

One-month practice seems insufficient for me so I will keep practicing. 🙂
    On the other hand, all other participants look like professional. They feel vibe and enjoy the playing while I am busy to follow music sheet and back-rhythm.
    I hope I can play like you shortly.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by seoulkim.
    jnjmalos
    Participant

Thanks for the helpful feedback Andrew. It’s invaluable and special that you take the time to feedback personally. I can’t emphasise enough how much this is appreciated.

sarrafina
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

Hi I am Sarrafina and I am 9 years old. I have been playing Ukulele since March of 2020 and this challenge was a lot of fun!

I am looking forward to the next!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by sarrafina.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by sarrafina.
    maryjanew
    Participant

I Am A Premium Member

I have been working on Etude in Em for the last 2-3 weeks, some of that practice was in the car
    while traveling for Thanksgiving Holiday week!
    I have it pretty much memorized but my fingers have a mind of their own, especially when recording!
    I still have work to do on the mobility of my fingers but I feel I have made progress.

riley_ukulele
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello,

This month I decided to learn “Etude in E Minor”, and had lots of fun playing it. It’s such a simple yet amazing piece. I have also attached two files as I recorded the two themes separately. Also, there is quite a lot of background noise because I had to record them outside.

Thanks,
    Riley

robinboyd
    Participant

Deleted because wrong

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by robinboyd.
    robinboyd
    Participant

Hi Sarrafina. I love the dramatic lighting against the black background. Well done!

karenj
    Participant

Oops. I forgot to mention I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.
    Thanks again,
    Karen

artcrocker
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

My entry for the November Challenge is the Etude in E Minor as shown in link below.

Thank you
    Art Crocker

jahobeah

Thank you!

bethany_guardiani
    Participant

I am a premium member 🙂

Well, it came down to the wire for me this month, but alas here is my recording of Etude in Eminor. I would have loved to give Valse Venezolano No. 2 a better stab, but I couldn’t spare the time to get it down and do it some kind of justice this month.

Still, this was really a great piece to work on and though and deceptively difficult to execute well. My understanding and execution of dynamics, vibrato, and rubato, could still use work, but I am all in all pretty pleased with the performance.

robinl
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I think my first post might not have made it through, so submitting again just in case! I enjoyed learning Etude in E minor this month.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.