Participate in the November 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 229 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

jnjmalos – Here’s my feedback for you 🙂

mandzuke – I fixed your video for you 🙂

For embedding YouTube video, all you have to do is copy the URL and paste it in its own line. For ex:

YouTube URL

You don’t have to click any of the HTML buttons at the top of the box.

Your performance was great! Good feel throughout and nice interpretation. Keep up the good work!

brettboy
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.

Hi Fellow Uke-Lovers, I took on Motown Medley this month. It was one of the hardest arrangements I’ve ever attempted. (Especially I Want You Back! So dang tricky!) It took me all month to get it barely playable at speed. I can now do high accuracy at 75% speed but I really wanted to do 100% speed… so the video your about to watch has “B grade” accuracy! Hope you like it and Big Thanks to Andrew, Evan and the other talented musicians that made this super fun lesson happen 🙂

lynnzo
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

I chose Etude in E Minor (in A Minor) for my November submission. I love this song, I can actually feel it. Unfortunately, I can’t play what I feel without making mistakes. I’ll keep on working on it and look forward to any tips.

willymac
    Participant

@BrettBoy. Yowza! Great job!

patdrehu
    Participant

Excellent ! Bravo !

kpurdy
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Learning this song was fun. I love taking on these challenges that seem impossible to me in the beginning. I am working through them and it feels great! Thanks for the detailed lessons and for any feedback you can give me.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@brettboy – Dude! That was amazing! Bravo!

For that first song, you should check out Transcribe.

Here’s the download link for Windows.
    Here’s the download link for Mac.

This is an awesome program that is similar to the on-screen tab viewer on our site. Basically, it allows you to slow down and loop audio or video files. It even has a feature that tells you what notes and chords are played and surprisingly it’s very accurate!

I’ve been using this program to help me transcribe for almost a decade now. Actually, here’s a video from 2012 and you can see me hit stop and play on my laptop. I used the program to transcribe the solo and the rest of the song 🙂

You can try the program out for 30 days for free, after that it’s super cheap like 39 bucks. Totally worth it!

But as it relates to this song, put the 100% speed backing track in it and incrementally work it up to speed. That’s going to be the best way for you to get it down.

@lynnzo
    – Here’s my feedback for you and the lesson I referenced.

@kpurdy
    – Form looks great in both hands. And your playing sounds lovely. Keep doing what you’re doing. Only thing I’d say is try to push yourself to go a little bit faster. But incrementally – like try 5 bpm faster and when that’s comfy increase another 5.

gi_gi_
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

This is my attempt at Valse Venezolano No. 2 @75% speed

Andrew
    Keymaster

@gi_gi_ – Wow! I’m impressed, GiGi! Playing sounds great – clean, great timing and good feel throughout. Excellent job this month!

robinboyd
    Participant

Nice job @gi_gi_ – looks like we both got there in the end.

gi_gi_
    Participant

@Andrew Thank you so much Andrew. I am so happy!!! It took 10 million takes 🙂 RockClass101 challenges rock! Hope to be able to play it well without holding my breath one day 🙂

@robinboyd
    We did it. Yours was great. Everyone did an amazing job this month with all the songs. I hope December isn’t as hard as November 🙂

karenj
    Participant

Here’s my version of Etude in E Minor for my November submission. It was another busy month with little time for ukulele, but I very much enjoyed learning this song. I was successful with a goal of memorizing the piece. I struggle with memorization on a good day and am especially challenged once I try to record. I am still working to play more smoothly and am uite inconsistent with that dang harmonic! That said, thanks again for another great lesson. I am looking forward to viewing all of the other submissions.

Happy holidays to anyone celebrating anything (or everything) over the next few weeks.
    Take care,
    Karen

terryfallon3
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER…

…studying an Etude by the Maestro.

The arrangement was brill, Steven. Cheers.

t

andyrose
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Last month, despite practicing Blue Moon all month, I could never get a decent take. So this time I decided to stick to “beginner friendly” level – still challenging enough! This is a beautiful piece and lovely arrangement. I’ll keep it in my repertoire and hope to play it better and more consistently in the future, but for better or worse this is an accurate picture of what I can do right now. Thanks!

cstiber

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Okay so I hope to get a cleaner set tomorrow and I may attempt a higher speed, as 80-90% seems to flow better for me. I hope I did okay as I never played to a backing track or recorded myself before. The most challenging piece I’ve learned thus far and it was a lot of work, playing it again, again and again. The challenge was so motivating and I appreciate the support and the opportunity. My playing has benefited so much and I’m excited for next month’s challenge.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by cstiber.
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.